I am 5 months pregnant is it okay if I don't take my prenatal vitamins? Or do I have to take them everyday

I do not like to take my prenatal vitamins is it okay if I I need to take them everyday??

jacudra

Asked by jacudra at 8:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You don't need to take them. You only get at best 30% of what is in those stupid pills so what is the point. And you aren't endangering the baby at all because the baby will take whatever it needs from you so you would only maybe be hurting yourself. I never took them with my son and he is perfectly healthy and I'm not taking them this time round either.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Call your OB, you can probably take the Flintstones kind

Anonymous

• You are supposed to take them everyday, it's for the health of your baby.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I haven't taken mine the hole time. I'm 8 1/2 months
    Anonymous

• There is a reason they give you vitamins. and a reason you are suppose to take them everyday. If you didn't need them they would not give them to you.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes you really should be taking them. The baby lives off of you, take the vitamins like first poster said.

Anonymous

• I have to admit I never took mine with either of my kids- they both turned out healthy though they do give you them for a reason so I would suggest trying your best to take them everyday.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I only took them during the 1st trimester. That is when I ran out and I didn't realize that I was supposed to get a refill.
    They sell them over the counter in the vitamin aisle at most drug/grocery stores, so you do not need a prescription.
    BTW - my baby was 8lb 5oz and 20" so the lack of vitamins did not hurt her any
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You do need them they make some pink ones that are like candy coated and they dont give you that metal taste in ur mouth they are prescription from ur ob ask to change if you dont like them find one u do
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• "Just take your damn vitamins!" -Words of advice from my mom
    Anonymous