I need help! Diabetic recipes, hints, tricks, ANYTHING?!

DH's doctor wants him to stay away from carbs, red meat and sugar. Besides that he didn't give him ANY sort of guidance.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? His blood sugar has been testing 348, 240 and today it was down to 180, but the doctor isn't going to be having him come in for regular checks or anything. I felt like he went in needing help and came out with no advice or guidance.
I need some recipes we can start cooking to overhaul basically our whole menu plan. I'm feeling overwhelmed and lost. Help! Thank you! Recipes needed!

BeachyBabe

Asked by BeachyBabe at 6:31 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• Check your local diabetes clinics or support groups. Hubby and I were able to take a one day nutritional course that SERIOUSLY helped take away the overwhelming feeling. I still have trouble cooking for him sometimes (I'm italian, pasta and carbs is all I know. lol.) but it has really helped him a lot in making good choices when he is away from home too. It is an ongoing thing. He did so good for a year, now we are having to try harder again. Guess we both got a little lazy.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 9:59 PM on May. 26, 2011