Why am I so tired?

Is it normal to be extremely tired in the very beginning of your pregnancy?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 6:36 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• YES! I was exhausted all day everyday! I am not in the second trimester and its SOOOOOO much better and I have so much energy but in a little over a week I will be in the 3rd trimester and it will all start going down hill again. But it will be worth it! =]
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:43 PM on May. 26, 2011

• yes
    momofnhimai

Answer by momofnhimai at 6:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• yes it is for me I'm that way for the whole pregnancy but I'm lucky and i never get morning sickness
    caeruleusdea

Answer by caeruleusdea at 6:54 PM on May. 26, 2011

• yes it is very normal. Your body is going through a lot of changes and is working VERY hard! just rest up as much as you can and soon the 2nd trimester will be here and you'll feel like you can do anything until the 3rd trimester hits :). Just relax and enjoy being pregant
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• You and me both!!!!
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 7:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• YES!!! oh my gosh I was sooooo tired in my first trimester (I even fell asleep talking to my husband on the phone a couple of times)... 2nd trimester I felt normal again.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:17 PM on May. 26, 2011

• completely normal. it's an exhausting process on your body. if you have time, lay down and relax, maybe a nap even! i know lots of people come bearing advice when you're pregnant, but the best advice anyone gave me, was to listen to my body. if you feel tired (which will happen alot. i finally got some energy back in my second tri), then take it easy. dont push yourself too hard. congrats to you :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:47 PM on May. 26, 2011