Should I be concerned?

My son is 3 years 3 months. He is a very active, regular little boy. He shows no signs of laziness or problems. Ever since he was a baby he has been irregular. He would go once every three days or so. It was never hard or it never hindered him. Now he goes every two days. It doesn't hurt him, it doesn't bother him, he goes and he's good. On the days he doesn't he's still normal, super active and busy. Some people tell me not to worry, the doctors say he's fine but others tell me I should carry him to get it checked out, so I was wondering any moms out there with this situation and do you worry??

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 6:40 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• nothing to worry about if he's not showing signs like he's in pain
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 6:43 PM on May. 26, 2011

• He's fine. As long as it doesn't hurt him, have blood or mucus in it, etc. Don't stress. His body may just operate on a different schedule.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 6:44 PM on May. 26, 2011

• my ds has never pooped on a daily basis and it has never been cause for concern
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:46 PM on May. 26, 2011

• He's Normal mom dont worry, he is fine...
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 6:57 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I would not worry about it, as long as he isn't in pain. Some people just don't go on a daily basis. As long as he is healthy and active and the doctor has told you not to worry, then I would not be concerned.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Doesn't sound like a problem to me. That's normal for him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• He's just fine. My son is 4 and doesn't go every day either. If he gets to a third day, we add a little more water and/or fruit/veggies to his diet but I don't worry about it.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:42 PM on May. 26, 2011