2 dogs

My dog is a little shih tzu and when she gets scared or too excited she pees. does anyone know how to help so this doesn't happen? Also, My hubby has a boxer, he's SO hyper. Any ideas on how to calm a dog down? he's a year old but still, he's constantly running smack into my kids and knocking them over.

Aprichard2011

Asked by Aprichard2011 at 7:00 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pets

• I don't have any advice about the small dog.
    About the boxer being so hyper how old is he? And do you take him for walks because walking him once or even twice a day even, would help with that.

AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 7:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• How old is the small dog? My little mix used to do this but recently grew out of it and she's almost a year old. She didn't do it on purpose but like yours would get too excited and pee. Now she goes to the door before greeting us because she knows she'll pee if she does. As for the older I think time and exercise are the only thing for him. As he gets older he'll calm down, hopefully. lol
    lizlikeno1

Answer by lizlikeno1 at 8:20 PM on May. 26, 2011

• the boxer is a year old and the little dog will be a year in Aug.
    Aprichard2011

Comment by Aprichard2011 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• If your Boxer isn't fixed I would get that done. That usually calms them down some. I also suggest the walks and maybe some training so he knows to be careful around DS. As for the Shitzu, it sounds like it's submissive peeing which any more submissive dog will do and there;s really nothing you can do about it. They can't control it which means there's no real way to correct the behavior. You can only anticipate it. Maybe put a piddle pad in front of the door so when she gets excited when you come home it's in the pad and not your carpet. Learn the signs and avoid her escalating to that point.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:00 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Ok, Thank you Ladies! :)
    Aprichard2011

Comment by Aprichard2011 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Spay and neuter them. Time and walks should help both.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:47 PM on May. 27, 2011