Is it just me or do you think it's expensive to participate in graduation activities??

My daughter is a senior in High School, were so proud of her.  I want her to have the fun experience and participate in everything.  I feel she deserves it however, it's so expensive!!  Happy I saved money from my income tax return!

mommiedear

Asked by mommiedear at 7:24 PM on May. 26, 2011 in

• what kind of activities are there? i don't remember anything from my hs graduation, other than dinner with the famiy.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i assume you mean the graduation party - really you can spend as much or as little as you want
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 7:26 PM on May. 26, 2011

• What activities do you mean? The cap and gown cost some money for my parents, but that was it. They threw me a party at home, and spent what THEY chose to spend.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:29 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My son is a Junior and were already saving money. It is very expensive. Senior pics, class dues, senior prom, class ring (which we got this year so yay, and that doesnt even touch any parties we might have after graduation. We have put back around $2000

Answer by gemgem at 7:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Let's see class dues $75
    Cap & Gown Around $125
    Senior pictures roughly $200-300
    Class ring average $300-500
    End of year class trip upwards of $500-1000 depending where and what they do
    Prom $500

Yes I would say it is a little costly.

Answer by gemgem at 7:41 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Wow. Senior dues here 13 bucks. Cap and gown 27, Senior pics over 500, class ring couple hundred, prom....tickets were 60 bux each... my son decided not to go.... his party will be well over a 1000 and it is going to be a small one... we are doing it at Dave and Busters.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• prom including tickets, corsage, makeup $500 graduation pictures. $100 senior day $40.00 Disneyland Grad Night $75 per ticket + $70 spending money. Cap and Gown $26 dress to wear for graduation...$60.00 she is wearing the same shoes she wore to prom :)  Yearbook $60.00, senior sweatshirt $35.00, were having a  dinner party for her at our house $300-500.  Her prom was two weeks ago and she wanted her dad to drive two couples to and pick up from prom.  (husband loved this) she did her own nails and hair however she did get her makeup done.  She does not want a class ring

mommiedear

Comment by mommiedear (original poster) at 8:13 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It all adds up! It is definitely very expensive.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• yea its why i didn't go to prom
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 9:00 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Wait until she's graduating from college ;-) it only goes up from here
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:56 PM on May. 26, 2011

Next question in
Summer school @ home

Next question overall (Babies (0-12 months))
Children