Adoption vs abortion.....

Do you applaud girls who choose to give their babies up for adoption rather than abort the pregnancy????

kristianmommy

Asked by kristianmommy at 7:44 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Adoption

• Yes. I believe abortion is murder. So if someone can realize they cannot care for their baby and has that baby to give to someone longing to love a baby then I totally respect and applaud them.

Answer by gemgem at 7:46 PM on May. 26, 2011

• if i were in a place were i had to choose i would choose adoption because i know what ir feels like wanting to have a child but cannot.
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 7:46 PM on May. 26, 2011

• yes,very much so

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• yes I would.. who wouldn't?? ANY unnecessary medical abortion should be reconsidered. Abortion shouldn't be used as a form of birth control..

that said, I also don't believe they need to make it illegal either because the cases that do require them or where they need to be considered may be over looked thus risking the mother.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It depends on the situation.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:01 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i would, but i see some moms on here and other places that act like adoption is the most horrible thing anyone can ever do...
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• either decision is very hard. i feel sorry for a women that has to make either one. i do think it is wonderful of a women who can give another women a chance to be a mommy 

shanesmom24

Answer by shanesmom24 at 8:04 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't understand what an unborn person could do in order to be sentenced to death. So, you can guess my answer. : ) Plus, I know of several families who would love to adopt a beautiful baby, but none are available since it is so easy to have it aborted instead. Many people wait years for an infant. Of course it is probably more honorable to wish to adopt an older child, but we all know the desire to have a baby is about as strong a desire as eating or sleeping. So, why deny them your child when the other option is to kill it? JMHO.
    mitzicross

Answer by mitzicross at 8:21 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I dont understand why someone thinks that because you chose adoption that you even thought of abortion to begin with! Most women who chose adoption were struggling with the choice to either parent or give up the child. Stop patting me on the back for something I never considered doing in the first place! That's just plain offensive. You are assuming that someone who chooses adoption never wanted the child at all. That's generally NOT the case.
    Anonymous

• And btw, the other "option" can be to PARENT the child! Ever consider that?
    Anonymous