The patriot act lives on

Just needs the presidents signature. Do you agree with extending it?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:51 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm torn. It seems to have kept us safe so far!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I like it better than some of the other stuff they have come up with like net neutrality, the fairness doctrine, being able to take over the internet during an emergency (undefined) and the like.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:27 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Net neutrality protects US , you and I, as Internet users. WHEN will people finally wise up and read about it and understand?
    I have no opinion about the Patriot Act.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Net neutrality protects US , you and I, as Internet users. WHEN will people finally wise up and read about it and understand? I have no opinion about the Patriot Act.

I understand enough about net neutrality to know that it would be a logistic and financial nightmare for our country.  Unless you don't think there needs to be any way to prioritize business, banking and the like over your neighbor three doors down that wants to download a big file of porn at dial up speeds.  I guess the neighbor getting their rocks off is just as important as internet banking and internet based businesses.  *eyeroll*

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• As for the Patriot Act, is this the Bush version that many liberals hated or is this the expanded and more encompassing Obama version that didn't seem to even conjure a collective sigh amongst those same liberals that hated the Bush version?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:57 PM on May. 26, 2011

laughing

Sometimes, you just make me laugh - really hard. I did read about net neutrality. It is a bunch of hog wash. Yet, you seem to have no opinion about the Patriot Act. Why is that? Maybe you should read and learn.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:04 PM on May. 26, 2011

• How about you explain it to us Minnie........
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 9:26 PM on May. 26, 2011

• How about you explain it to us Minnie........ Comment by itsmesteph11

That's a great idea.  I would love to hear the truth about net neutrality because apparently I don't understand what it's about. 

popcornmargarita time

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 PM on May. 26, 2011

• The Patriot Act is a bunch of BS. designed so we can legally persecute whomever, however, and whenever. It's kinda like getting suspended from school for saying "that party was da bomb!" I don't want to be arrested and interrogated because someone over heard me saying bad things about the president.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

Considering that YOU think it protects us, I would like know, when WILL you wise up?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:19 PM on May. 26, 2011