Weight Gain and Loss

I am 31 weeks pregnant, and my son will be born in 6 weeks due to how big he is. My starting weight was 234, and I haven't gained a pound but I haven't lost any either. My son is already 18.5 inches and 5 lbs. When I have my son, including a week later, how much weight will I loose?

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 7:52 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• estimated size is bullshit.... don't let your doctor induce early due to estimated weight... they estimated my son at 8lbs 8 oz at 36 weeks. He was 7lbs 9 oz at 42 weeks when he was born....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:54 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think you could expect to lose a good 20-25 lbs after the baby is born... over the course of about 6 weeks... there is the weight of the baby, the placenta, amniotic fluid, water retention, etc... that stuff tends to dissipate gradually
    I agree that the estimated weight is really not reliable at all. I would consider going at least another week or two longer than you are planning now because the baby does so much brain and lung development those last few weeks.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:12 PM on May. 26, 2011