They are playing the "Race card" early this election! adult content

WASHINGTON — House Assistant Democratic Leader Jim Clyburn, the highest-ranking African-American in Congress, on Wednesday blamed most of President Barack Obama's political problems on racism.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/05/25/114793/racism-to-blame-for-obamas-problems.html

Sigh, no, most of his problems come from his inexperience, spending, ramming his agenda through without listening to what WE THE PEOPLE want.

Are they ever going to understand? It's truly sad that they can't accept that maybe they are doing the wrong things, so it must be "racism".

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 7:54 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Perhaps they'll understand when the first minority Republican president is elected during a nasty recession and has a high popularity rating.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:20 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I guess it just isn't possible that PBO's problems are because he is incompetent? Plus, he just went to the land of his ancestors - Ireland. How can he be so disliked because he is black but hails from Ireland? It is just too much to keep in your head. I'll have to make a chart.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:23 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Plus, he just went to the land of his ancestors - Ireland. How can he be so disliked because he is black but hails from Ireland? It is just too much to keep in your head. I'll have to make a chart.

Answer by jesse123456 a minute ago

---------------------------
    WHat does this mean? His Mom has Irish ancestors. Why do you need a scorecard? MAny of us have a bunch of nationalities---I am Scotch,Irish,Dutch,Welsh,Swedish and Norwegian.Would you need a scorecard for that?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:27 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Clyburn also thinks that elected officials should be able to bypass the TSA security in airports that the rest of us little people have to deal with. You know, because they are so special and they are subject to security threats that the rest of us aren't. I think if he doesn't like having the notoriety an perks of being an elected official, he should give up his seat to someone that has the intestinal fortitude to mingle with the people in the airport when they are traveling, and even perhaps get felt up by TSA if his number comes up. I know, I know. I'm sure he would say they racially profiled him. *yawn*

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:28 PM on May. 26, 2011

• They never stopped.

First thing I thought of was that question about there being more white racism than black these days. Here is a perfect example of just that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:28 PM on May. 26, 2011

• FYI, the flight and cabin crews are never felt up either- They waltz to the front of the line via their own passage-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:31 PM on May. 26, 2011

• They understand that in most cases it's not racism. All they need is for one case to be racism and then they can try to connect other cases to the case that is actually racism. Someone should send them a message that we are onto them with this whole racism bit. It's not going to work like it did in 2008.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Seems like it's effective. Maybe if people ignored the behaviors and allegations, those who pull the card would stop pulling it- Lots of people are major attention seekers, so much so, that it doesn't matter if the attention is + or -.........it makes them feel important.

Sometimes the easiest thing is to ignore......attention is often the fuel that feeds those flames.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• WHat does this mean?

I'll type slowly for you, minno-gerpie, so you can understand this. How can it be a race issue when he just acknowledged he isn't just black? His mom is WHITE. His grandparents who raised him are WHITE. It isn't race. It can't be. It is his competence which is color blind. 

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:01 PM on May. 26, 2011

• What up with the TMI flag? Is there offensive material in this post (beside Clyburn himself)?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:23 PM on May. 26, 2011