I need help adult content

I am bulimic and i don't know how to stop. None of my family knows because I know that they would not understand. I just had a baby girl and when I was getting pregnant and pregnant I stopped because I knew I had to be healthy for my baby. Now my daugther is 2 months old and the thoughts have come back and I can't keep myself from doing it. Please don't bash me I just don't want my family to know because they all be horrified how can I stop doing this myself. Has anyone else been throught what I am going through because I feel very alone.

NurseKlein

Asked by NurseKlein at 8:01 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• go talk to your doctor he can refer you to get the help you need
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:07 PM on May. 26, 2011

• You need to stop...do it for the same reason you stopped while you were pregnant. You need to be healthy for your daughter and yourself.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 8:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Absolutely tell your family. You are afraid to because you don't want them to. Maybe you are afraid they will judge you or probably because you are afraid they will try to stop you. I can't offer more than that because I am not suffering from that. But, I am a mom and would die a thousand deaths if I knew my daughter were going through that and didn't come to me for help or at least support. Do it, tell someone in your family that you trust. Your daughter deserves it. You deserve it. Suck it up and do it. Peace to you. I will pray for your emotional, mental, and physical health.
    mitzicross

Answer by mitzicross at 8:10 PM on May. 26, 2011

• If you stopped when you were trying to get pregnant/pregnant then you can stop now. It's mind over matter. I used to be anorexic but my life is different now that I have a daughter and family to take care of. Your body needs nutrients to function.
    lizlikeno1

Answer by lizlikeno1 at 8:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• This may not be something you can stop on your own... It's a legit disease and your going to need a doctors help. I'm sure that you can descreatly figure out a way to get the help you need. If you find you having trouble doing it alone, tell your family or a close friend, a support system might not be a bad idea either. and telling someone is not admiting that your a failure, dont beat yourself up about it... be proud that you are strong enough to tell someone and ask for help.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:29 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Honey you need to talk to someone---do you have a close friend you can confide in? I went through the same thing, but thankfully I got the help I needed. If you need someone to talk to, please message me.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Call 211 and find some help. If you don't have insurance, tell them. They can refer you somewhere that has qualified counseling or a support group. If you don't feel like you can tell your family or that they won't be supportive, you don't have to tell them right now, but if you think that it would be helpful to do in the future, you should consider it. It will help to make you more accountable. Also, you might try your local library for a good recent book on the subject. A reference librarian would be able to help you. That way, you could find out more about your disease and what you can do to get healthy and stay in recovery. The best motivation is to be able to model healthy behavior for your daughter, and take good care of yourself, so that you can care for her! Good luck mama!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think you should get help immediately. I have a friend who suffered from this and she would go such long periods without eating that she would pass out. That def wouldnt be a good thing if u are at home alone most of the time with your daughter. Like ur husband works and u r a SAHM. I hope you get help soon GL!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 11:00 PM on May. 26, 2011

• As a Nurse you would know that you need to seek the help of a professional with this!!
    Start with your PCP and they will refer you to the correct professional!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• You may not want to hear this, but bulimia is a mental illness. There is a reason that you do it. There are plenty of places you can reach out for help. In the meantime, each time think about your little one and think how she would feel without you around. If it kept you going during pregnancy, it might help you get through until you get the help that you need. Purging makes you feel better, see if you can find something else that is a healthy substitute to make you feel better. Singing to the baby, putting special outfits on her, whatever might make you feel better. You need to get to the root of why you are bulimic and fix it. It can be done. You were strong enough to get through the pregnancy, you can do it now too. I will keep you in my prayers.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 12:35 AM on May. 27, 2011