This just makes me mad/ex treating my DD like shes trash....sorry if its long

my ex husband was yelling at my daughter today while she was on the phone with me (she was telling me what happened at her 29 week appointment on monday,shes 18yrs old) heres what i heard
exH:who the fuck was in my house today?!
DD:Jorge(boyfriend,babies dad) is the only person thats been here all week
exH:why the fuck is my guitar moved then!?
DD:if you noticed i swept and mopped the floor i had to pick it up and put it on the couch
exH:bullshit! you never sweep around my guitar
DD:well if i didnt move it, it would have gotten wet and ruined what did you want me to do?
exH:oh shut up
DD:can you just yell at me later? im talking to my mom
exH:dont tell me what to do little girl!
DD:i dont yell at you when your on the phone do i? i dont yell at you at all....hang on mom let me talk to dad really quick
exH:who was in my house!?
DD:like i said Jorge has been the only one here...
exH:well where'd this black bag come from?!
DD:you bought it for me when i was 13....Jorge borrowed it last year and brought it back so the baby clothes wouldn't get wet on monday
exH:why was Jorge here today then?
DD:because i told him i was going to clean the kitchen and my bathroom and mop and sweep and he doesn't like me using the bleach because it makes me dizzy
exH:whatever, talk to your mom

i mean i can understand why he gets mad....his little girl is pregnant in his house,but she didn't get pregnant there she was living with her boyfriend and they lost their apartment due to the landlords being idiots,she found out she was pregnant right after she moved back into his house....and no the boyfriend doesn't live there he goes to visit though, he moved back into his parents house...plus she does almost everything in the house, she sweeps every week vacuums the rugs every 2 weeks and if she feels up to it she scrubs down the kitchen and dusts every little thing there, ugh the way he treats her makes me so mad...i sadly cant have her come live with me, i can barely make it through the whole month with just me and my brother living here

what would you have done if you heard that conversation between an ex and your child? because i really want to call him and say something to him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I'd stay out of it. If he's your ex I'm assuming you not on the best of terms to begin with. Also they are both adults, I'd let them figure it out.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• im just afraid im going to get a phone call later telling me that she has to stay at her boyfriends parents house..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'd tell him to stop talking to her like she's an abused wife. Good grief who talks to pregnant young ladies like that? He's a jerk. No wonder you divorced him!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Honestly if I were her mom I would make it work having her live with me if that was her only option. No way would I let anybody treat my daughter like that.
    lizlikeno1

Answer by lizlikeno1 at 8:09 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Actually, when I talk to my abusive x I call and innocently ask "Are you ok?" or "How are things going?" and let him tell me what's ailing him. It gives him someone to scream at. I always tell him to tell me instead of saying hurtful things to our adult children. They ignore him but he doesn't need to talk to her like that

Answer by admckenzie at 8:10 PM on May. 26, 2011

• he talked to me like that to....and i know why he's acting so rude to her....his mom treated me like that when i was pregnant with my daughter(only child, miracle baby for me i wasnt supposed to be able to have kids) they have this thing about becoming grand parents...granted my ex is 53...i told my DD after that happened that she should tell her dad that at least he's going to be young enough to play with his grandson, she told me as soon as her and her boyfriend save up enough money their moving out of their families houses and they dont plan to let my ex see his grandson at all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I agree, if there is anyway you should let her move with you! 53 isn't too young to be a grandpa! My dad JUST turned 42 and he has an almost 4 year old GD, and a 1 1/2 year old GS and another planned asap! I started younger (16 when I got pregnant 17 when my first was born) but we all learned to deal! He needs to fix his attitude before she leaves and never comes back!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:52 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Not understanding why she is not living with you.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:25 AM on May. 27, 2011

• i would tell him that if he treated her with respect - she might not have moved out - might not have gotten pregs so young... maybe he should stop being an asshole and ruining his dd...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:02 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Is there anything you can do to help your daughter and her boyfriend get out on their own?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:58 AM on May. 27, 2011