Please take care of yourselves ladies. adult content

Please ladies, do your monthly breasts exams, get those yearly gyno exams done, pay attention to your health!

I just got word that one of my friends that never 'needed to do get those yearly exams' is now in stage 4 cancer in her back and in the breasts at least from what I understand. They are currently checking her out to see where else the cancer had spread to. We're waiting to hear about the brain.

She actually laughed when I tried to get her to go to the medical fair this last time.

I'm in shock, she's getting surgery done on her back today, I imagine that's going to be just be start of a big ordeal.

I just keep making doll dresses because I'm avoiding thinking of it much.
I'm in shock.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 8:11 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• A good friend of mine is in remission from breast cancer! It's so important to get these tests, as bothersome as they seem, they will save your life!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:35 PM on May. 28, 2011

• hugs I'm so sorry. It is a scary thing. My grandmother and 2 of my aunties got breast cancer but thank God they survived. It is a scary thing and it can sneak up so fast. She will be in my prayers.

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:17 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I am so very sorry about your friend. I go for my annual exam, mammogram, eye exam because I realize that my health is not only important to me and my family, but because everyone in DH's father's family with the exception of his aunt has died of some form of cancer. I lost my sister in law to lung cancer a year ago this past April.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:35 PM on May. 26, 2011

• o wow thanks
    benitaapplebomb

Answer by benitaapplebomb at 8:13 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I go because no one is immune
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:15 PM on May. 26, 2011

• The last two years, I've gotten a HALO breast test. http://www.neomatrix.com/  I think these are awesome because they can detect cancer cells before a lump forms. I am horrible about doing self breast exams because I can never tell what I'm feeling.

I'm sorry about your friend.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:16 PM on May. 26, 2011

• BIG HUGZ! That is a very scary ordeal! Take care everyone!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 8:23 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i am so sorry to hear that. A friend of a friend had stage 4 cancer and started eating all organic to go along with treatments and is alive and cancer free today. So it can be fought. keep your chin up and i will say a prayer for your friend
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 8:54 PM on May. 26, 2011

• That is scary. I go to woman's health fairs and such with my mom, grandma..etc when i can! I think they are a wonderful thing to attend ESPECIALLY if you are pregnant, breast cancer or other diseases run in your family...or you just feel plain unhealthy!!
    hopfmom2011

Answer by hopfmom2011 at 9:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• That is so sad to hear. Im very sorry. A lot of family members have had breast cancer and one of my aunts didnt make it. Im always after my Mom and Nan to get the breast exam. So my Mom just told our family a few months ago that she was going through Chemo. Noone in the family knew bc she kept it a secret. My family was so upset. She claimed she didnt want us 2 worry about her. My Sis and I were so upset bc we felt like she should of at least told us.She didnt tell us til after she found out that she was cancer free for now!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 10:02 PM on May. 26, 2011