This is starting to suck!!!

I'm a SAHM ...my SO is supporting me and my 3 kids...I have always been the worker and therefore control of money...I'm not used to never having money or access to it...he will give me money if I ask for it but I never ask...unless my LO needs diapers or something...I actually feel bad for asking for money...he gave me $30 to apply to school but I needed gas which I realised when I was driving my DD to school..soo I put it in my tank and I couldn;t tell him that...so I lied and told him i applied...thinking I would be able to get $30 again somehow even if I set some $ aside everytime he gave me cash..well that was over a month ago and I have till the end of next month to apply to go by Aug...which he's expecting me to do...now I know I should not have lied and I really don't know why I did...but now here I am in a pickle...I've tried selling my dbl stroller for $30 with no luck...my mom won;t give me the $ because it's not her responsibility...yeah isn;t she wonderful!! I told my friend...who could loan me the $ but she didnt even offer...sooo I don;t know WTF I'm going to do...I've never had this much trouble getting money..and he's been using his credit card to fill up my gas tank and even got me a Wal-mart card for when I need toiletries and other household items..he didnt want me carrying that much cash and he figured it would be easier then asking him everytime...soooo any ideas?

happymama02

Asked by happymama02 at 8:32 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would straight up tell him what you just told us. That you don't feel comfortable asking him for money and you made a stupid mistake by lying about how you used the money. Yeah he's probably going to be upset but it's much better to come clean about this and move on rather then hide it any longer.
    lizlikeno1

Answer by lizlikeno1 at 8:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• The thing is i just lied to him again about it...he asked what was going on with schooling that I had not said anything about it...i know...I know big ole opened door and i slammed it shut as hard as I could...I guess i'm afraid of him getting mad nad kicking me out...I know that sounds dumb and it;s not how I should feel at all...but we have only been together a short time and I just don;t know how he will react...I just don't know how to tell him. It's the lieing thing really..i don;t want him to think I will lie about other things too and not trust me.
    happymama02

Comment by happymama02 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on May. 26, 2011

• While I don't condone lying, why don't you just tell him you need $ for something else- just some cash just in case or whatever. Anything to get some pocket money so you can go apply.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Lying to your spouse is never a good idea.

Marriage should be an equal partnership; the income is the family's income. You should never have to ask for money. The two of you should absolutely sit down together and put together a budget.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 PM on May. 28, 2011