A man can get an yeast infection?!

Last night after me and my husband had sex we both were irritated. I was so swollen and it itchy. I found out I had an yeast infection. My husband is irritated too should I give him some of my cream that came with my medication (monistat)? This is the first time I ever had an beast infection so I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• Sure. They have mucus membranes as well. Yeast can also flourish in skin folds

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes they can... it's usually refered to as jock itch and he can get it from you if you have it. The monistat might not be strong enough for him... if thats the case I would go pick him up some lotrimin.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes. If you had/have a yeast infection and have unprotected sex with your husband will end up with a yeast infection as well.

I'm not sure if an over the counter medication made for women will work for him or not. It it were my husband, I would have him go to the Dr for treatment.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't think they can "get" one but I think the yeast may get pushed into their urethra and agitate it.. Maybe the cream would help but I would think the pill would be better.. I really don't see ya'll getting much cream in his urethra KWIM...

But then again, I may be talking out my ass LOL... I really don't know one way or another without google..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• When my son was a baby he got a yeast infection....
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yep a male yeast infection iscjust jock itch. They make sprays for it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:13 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes, they can. And worse, you will just re-infect each other until you are both cured!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yep anyone can get a yeast infection. In fact, most diaper rashes are yeast infections. And any moist area of your body can get yeast infections.

Now, I'm not sure if monistat will help a man. If the yeast is in his urethra, then I'm not sure how that would help. It would be more beneficial for him to take a probiotic. You too.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• In many cases, it turns out that the man has systemic yeast, in which case he will need Diflucan. He should be tested for yeast, if he is a carrier of systemic yeast, he will continually re-infect you.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:05 AM on May. 27, 2011