Ever felt like a bad mom?

Does anyone want to share something they have done that some people would think ur a bad parent, or when you felt like a bad parent.?

Once my daughter was sleeping with me on the couch she was like 8 mo and when i woke up i couldn't find her she was sleeping on the hardwood floor in the fetal position. i immediately grabbed her and held her close i felt so bad, but the worst part is it happened again that same night. :(

Cherish050307

Asked by Cherish050307 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• I always watch everything my daughter does, but one day while I was cleaning she disappeared for a minute and when I went to find her after like 20 seconds she had "mud" all down her chin. She had found a chunck of dry dirt on the shoe carpet and put it in her mouth, I immediatly started going to the bathroom to rinse her mouth and right when I got there she projectile vomitted alll over the black and it was black. i felt like such a neglectful mom because i let her out of my sight. Also, I had just got done vaccuming, so I started going nuts thinking that it couldnt of been dirt and where did she get it from?? I called the doctors right away and insisted she be seen. they told me that I dont have to bring her in ALL THE TIME! They assured me that I could clean my house 3 times a day (which I do) and that my daughter would still find stuff I hadnt seen in weeks or never knew existed.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• oops..all over the bathroom, not the black!! LOL
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• OMG - who doesn't? That's the thing w/ motherhood - damned if you do...damned if you don't! I just try my best to look after my son's best interest and try to leave the rest in God's hands. It's hell realizing that you're human!
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 9:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i just thought it would be fun to see what other mom's have done.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Oh lord...my daughter was being SO whiny I was ready to explode on her. She is known for complaining that things "hurt" when she wants to get out of something. So she whined through the grocery store "my feet hurt" and whined through lunch out with friends and whined through the post office...when I get her home, I pull an inch and a half of paper out of the toe of one of her new shoes. Yep, her feet really did hurt and the whole day she was whining for a reason and I was just telling her to quit. Felt like a real great mom that day!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• when my DD was about 3 mo i would put her in a bouncy chair that had toys hanging from it. one day she was whining so i went to make her a bottle. i just placed her in the seat & didnt strap her in b/c i was only going to be away for a few seconds & she hadnt learned to roll over yet. guess when she learned how...yeah while i was making the bottle. i heard a thump & she started screaming like i had never heard. i immediatly knew what happened & just dropped the bottle & ran to her. i checked her all over then cuddled her. the sad thing is shes got a LOT more falling in her future...clumsyness runs in my family :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i was babysitting once and left a baby in her car seat unbuckled on the counter because the mom did and she fell off, that was a fun phone call to her mom and dad
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My 16 mo has a bruise on his cheek and I have no idea how he got it. He had an extremely clumsy day a couple of days ago. I felt like I spent the entire day comforting him. But I don't know how the bruise got there. Anyway.... yeah, I felt like crap. And when he was an infant he woke up in the middle of the night for a bottle. I was EXTREMELY sleep deprived, and got up and put 2 scoops of coffee in his bottle, shook it up, and almost fed it to him. Luckily I realized what I was doing before he drank it!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• That is a good one!! sorry i had to laugh i'm glad you didn't give it to him though
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• dropped my newborn while trying to help my toddler off of the toilet one handed. I clipped finger nails too close a couple times when my toddler was younger too -- first time that I happened I FLIPPED because my baby was bleeding. I also flipped out when she busted her mouth open and was choking on the blood and I couldn't nurse her to comfort her.
    unwieldingdream

Answer by unwieldingdream at 10:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008