When will my breast dry up

I was just wondering how long it typically takes for your milk supply to dry up?

cwhalen87

Asked by cwhalen87 at 9:43 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I still had a little milk 3 years down the road and I know a few other mommies that have had milk LONG after being done breastfeeding so...I think it just all depends on the person
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:45 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I have always had a little bit of milk (as in, I can squeeze my nipple and get a few drops out at any given time) for the last 6 years, and the longest I went between nursing and birth was 3 years.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• With my first I only nursed for 2 weeks. It took months for it to dry up. With my other 2 I weaned slowly, so when we were done nursing, I was dry.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:57 PM on May. 26, 2011

• If you never nursed, it is sometimes a little quicker. If you've nursed, it can take weeks, months even years for milk to completely disappear.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It took close to 4 weeks each time for the milk to stop.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i slowly weaned my son and havent nursed for a week and a half. i have a couple drops, but when i change my nursing pads, they seem completely dry.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:54 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Some women stop producing milk in days and some may produce drops of milk for several years. If the baby weans gradually and the breasts don't get any stimulation they usually stop producing milk in days or weeks.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:14 PM on May. 26, 2011

• every woman is different so really can't say weather it would be days weeks or years
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:01 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I stopped bf'ing at 3 months old and sometimes when we have sex it leaks a little still. She's going to be seven months old this week.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:39 PM on May. 30, 2011