My child is driving me crazy

I love my daughter to pieces. Since I have been pregnant I have been put on bed rest. So im ALAWAYS home. I moved to a stay with my husband and I have NO family or friends to connect with unless I talk to them on facebook. Lately my daughter (whos 3 almost 4) wants constant attention. She ALWAYS wants to play with me. She doesnt like going in her room and playing or watching tv. I try to give her things to do but she just wants to play with me. (normally she wants to play Barbies, hide and seek etc.) I can't play and run around with her because I have to be on bed rest. But lately its been driving me bonkers. I feel bad for saying no but then she keeps asking over and over again. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• does she like to read, color, put puzzles together, do non-messy crafts ect? you can do all of that with her while you rest even if you're supposed to be laying down
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 9:54 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Set time limits, use a kitchen timer if you have to. If she doesn't obey with quiet time then she won't get to have fun together time. It may take a couple of weeks to really set in but with patience and consistency she should be more self sufficient and you can get the rest you need. Also, make sure to tell your husband that he needs to give her lots of attention when he's home so she's not feeling left out or something like that. He has to make up for the time you need to rest and can't dedicate to her. If you also restrict TV time it will become more of a treat and she'd wind up sitting in front of a 90 minute movie if the TV hasn't been on. Best to you.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 9:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• tough one.. try quiet activities and realizing that they are only this age for such a short time, AND they will only want to play with you for a short period of time. Not a guilt trip but my older girls are too busy to play with me most times so... enjoy the young age where you are cool and you know everything before you become the mom who knows nothing (teen years!).
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 10:07 PM on May. 26, 2011