Is it safe to have sex when pregnant? adult content

I have heard "Yes, its perfectly safe." and I have also heard "NO! Absolutely NOT! You could harm your baby or yourself!"

Someone please help! I have friends who are wondering also!

hopfmom2011

Asked by hopfmom2011 at 9:47 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• Yes it is a-okay to have sex when pregnant. Unless of course you have been instructed by your doctor not to due to heath concerns/a difficult or high risk pregnancy.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes it's perfectly safe, unless the Doctor tells you otherwise. Sex is actually recommended alot of times at the end of your pregnancy to help get your cervix ready for labor.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes you can as long as you are not high risk, on pelvic rest etc...It is safe.. If your friends have any questions their OB will be the best person to reassure them.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Thank you ladies!! :)
    hopfmom2011

Comment by hopfmom2011 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• its ok just be safe
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 9:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It is completely safe unless you have some serious condition. Your baby is locked safely out of reach. :)
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:17 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It's perfectly safe unless a doctor tells you otherwise.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:01 PM on May. 26, 2011

• their right its safe.. unless the doctor said not to . I on the other hand was high risk and it was very unsafe for me. But i only know that because the doctor told me what was happening to me. I would get blood clots and for some reason blood clots around the placenta can cause it to become weak and detach. This can cause you to have a miscarriage. So for your safety it would be the BEST idea for you to discuss any of your pregnancy concerns with your Ob/Gyn.. Good luck hun :)
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 12:19 AM on May. 27, 2011

• as long as your having a healthy pregnancy it is perfectly healthy to have sex while pregnant.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:32 AM on May. 27, 2011