Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Misuse of a handicapped placard in the state of CA

Let me just start out as YES I know I did wrong so please don't shove it in my face, I just need an answer if anyone knows. Been there done that today..

This morning I was caught in an investigation for people misusing handicapped placards. I was using my moms card so I could run into the store quickly. I wasn't thinking clearly..haven't for a while, none of my family has. My dad is in his last stages of life and we are all seriously stressed out. I live in FL, so I don't know CA's laws. I got a ticket and was told this is a misdemeanor and I will pay a fine and they told me to show up for court in July. I have no idea how much this will cost. Am I considered a criminal now? Or is there a way to have it lessened to an infraction? Can I go to traffic court to have it taken off my record? I have never gotten a ticket, so my record is clean up until now. I have put in a call to our family lawyer and see if she can help me out with anything. I screwed up this I know..I just want to have this taken off my record if I can. Any ideas?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • No just pay the fine... your good

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

  • The fine for a first time offense is $1000.

    Answer by Linds2Horse at 10:10 PM on May. 26, 2011

  • 1,000? Do I have to pay it right there and then? Or can I make payments?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.