Acne help

Can you suggest anything that has cured or at least helped your acne? I have had acne for almost 13 years now. I am SOOO fed up with it. I am a grown woman now and should not have to still be dealing with acne. It can get so bad that I don't even want to leave my house. I have tried ProActive (and just about every other over-the-counter system) and gone to many, many dermatologists and have not found something that works. My acne has really affected my self esteem and I don't feel like I can handle anymore. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Health

• I had it very very badly and my dermatologist put me on acutane, which is really really expensive so you'd need to make sure your insurance will cover it first.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Try a supplement for skin? Go to a holistic (all natural) doctor and ask for help.
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem. When I was using natural progesterone cream to regulate my cycle (among other things) after years of Depo Provera use my acne calmed down significantly but didn't go away totally. When using the cream to TTC it helped again & of course being pregnant helped it too. I recently learned high carb and sugar in the diet is also a contributor to acne. I learned this in my current class toward my degree in natural medicine. I am sure a change in diet will help along with other things... just gotta figure out what those other things are too. I know how you feel... at 31 I shouldn't still be dealing with this crap.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My acne has calmed down a bit with age but I still get flair ups. I now have lovely scars left behind. I dont have a solution for you really. Just giving you support and know how much it stinks. My plan is to save up and go to a dermetologist. I have found that if i use facial medications it makes my face worse. I just makes the oils come back more. I wash my face everyday and once a week use a scrub. But I never use a product everyday since it causes me to flair up worse. good luck friend!
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 9:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• accutane does help i had really bad ance and like you didnt want to leave the house but it worked and yes it is very expensive but it sure works
    Anonymous