Lots and lots of pressure "down there".. Im not sure what to do. Advise?

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant, I have been having contractions since about 30 weeks and I had to get the shot to stop them the first time. Over the past few weeks though, they have just really small ones that my doctor told me not to really worry about it because Ive had so many false alarms and my belly doesnt get hard with these small ones or anything lately, but whenever I have contractions it hurts in my back too.
I've been slowly losing my mucus plug over the past like 4 days, I don't know if it is completely gone or not though. My baby boy has been very low for a few weeks, and I constantly keep feeling him shoving his head down there. My back has been killing me since last night. I keep getting random, sporadic, little sharp pains in my belly right now, along with my back hurting. On and off I keep on getting A LOT of pressure down there along with sometimes a few sharp pains down there as well and small sharp pains in my belly randomly along with back pain. Im not sure if its just my body not being used to the weight, or whats going on. I really hate calling my doctor if there isnt actually something wrong. Any advise Mommas?

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 10:16 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ya all normal. the last few weeks before giving birth are the pits. just keep waiting, honestly after you see the plug coming out it's not much longer :)
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 10:45 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i had a lot of pressure toward the end of my pregnancy...and a lot of pain...i went to the doctor A LOT with it...and was told that it was just the baby..because in this stage in pregnancy the baby is getting ready for birth and it is a lot lower than it was so in turn it is putting a lot of pressure..and it feels like it's gonna fall out right??? it's very irritating and painful but im sure it's ok and there's nothing to worry about
    lvmy3lilones

Answer by lvmy3lilones at 10:46 PM on May. 26, 2011