I'm 15.5 weeks and haven't felt the baby move :(....is this normal?

It's my 2nd baby and on my first I felt the flutters early on....I still haven't felt anything and it's really starting to scare me. I am on zoloft and I'm soooo afraid that's the problem. My sister just had a very healthy baby and she was on zoloft so I know it's possible. but I know there are risks with whatever you take. I'm going to ask my dr if I can I can switch to Prozac because apparently it's much safer and more studies on it.

Anyways!! Besides all that....is it normal that I haven't felt the baby move yet????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did not feel anything until around 18 weeks. Some women dont feel anything until about 21 weeks even. I am pretty sure its totally normal! But, if you are having concerns, bring it up at your next doc app :) Good luck mamma!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:23 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i never felt any of my babies move until 18+ weeks
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:24 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It's going to be about another month until baby is big enough for you to feel... Font worry, you'll get 20+ weeks of non stop kicking soon:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• u may not feel anything until closer to 20 weeks. baby needs to grow more and weigh more in a lot of cases to feel it not to mention u may only feel it one tiny bump a day for a while. also depending on where your placenta is, u may not feel it until later too
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 10:44 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Its normal not to feel the baby yet I didnt feel my son until 20 weeks... and it depends on where your placenta is they say if its on top, anterior, its harder to feel and the baby's position affects this too!
    kpolitte

Answer by kpolitte at 10:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Your placenta may be in the way which could cause you not feel anything till after 20-22 weeks. Prozac wasn't considered safe when I was pregnant with my first but that was 5 years ago. I honestly wouldn't take any meds unless you have to.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 12:00 AM on May. 27, 2011

• i didnt feel mine move until 16 weeks
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:56 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I didn't feel DD move till 23 weeks
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 2:57 AM on May. 27, 2011

• i used to get sooo scared too but i didnt start to really feel my baby continously until i was 22 weeks. after i hit 22 weeks i felt her kick every day but before then there would be weeks where i didnt feel her move at all. dont worry! your still early to be worrying. your baby is fine. probably still just too small to feel every movement. your day will come when you start to feel the baby every day. i know its hard to be patient, but it will come!
    Mom2BeInJuly11

Answer by Mom2BeInJuly11 at 6:37 PM on May. 27, 2011