What do you do if the father of your child has pass while you are 22 weeks pregnant?

I am all alone with no answer.. please help

Lovingthebump

Asked by Lovingthebump at 10:27 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry, What happpened? We are never alone.. Things will keep changing. Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:28 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Try to get as much support as possible!
    Sorry to hear that. If you ever need anything...talk...whatever...feel free to contact me.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:30 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm so sorry to hear that! I really hope things will get better for you!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 10:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• at this point I really dont know what to do, he fell off a building and broke his neck in march and ever since then I have been trying to work and get the bills taken care of and I have no help as of now and I dont know what to do when the baby gets here
    Lovingthebump

Comment by Lovingthebump (original poster) at 10:57 PM on May. 26, 2011

• im so srry for what happened but i know everything happens for a reason so god will get you through this just have faith in him :)
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 11:11 PM on May. 26, 2011

• First I would find someone to talk to, like a counselor. If you cannot afford one go to your local Department of Mental Health for a free or really cheap licensed therapist. You've got to let this all out so you can be emotionally ready for when your baby gets here. Also, if there are people in your life that complicate it, get rid of them, surround yourself with positive people that can provide you with the support you really need. As for the finances, I know it may not be what you want to hear, but you may qualify for some public assistance. When the baby is born he/she will qualify for their father's social security benefit (Contact your local SSA or go to SSA.GOV for info). If you were married you may qualify for the benefit now, so that should help. Do the best you can and allow yourself the time to breath. Best to you and your little one.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 12:29 AM on May. 27, 2011

• thank you very much for that advice, I think I am going to find a couselor hopefully that will help me before my little one comes. I think that's would be best thank you again :)
    Lovingthebump

Comment by Lovingthebump (original poster) at 12:35 AM on May. 27, 2011

• So sorry for your loss. When it comes to futures tripping, it is usually fear based. Fear is False Emotions Appearing Real. Thoughts are powerful. "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but won't get you anywhere." We can go through some pretty difficult times in life. For me the biggest coping skill is to redirect my thinking to gratitude. Even though a counselor or whatever can be helpful the problem is that usually they tend to focus on "the negative" side of what has happened or our fears. Acceptance and action are much better tools. As hard as it is, build yourself up and take things as they come. You will be OK. Keep telling yourself "right now I am OK". It is soothing and will help to calm those thoughts. Expectations are another hard thing. Wipe them out and just take today. It is all we have. Keep your chin up and believe in yourself. Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:06 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Thank you very much, my main problem is me worring about what is or can happen in the near future and how would I be able to tell my babyboy that his father is gone. I need to stop working about things I cannot change and do better
    Lovingthebump

Comment by Lovingthebump (original poster) at 3:30 PM on May. 27, 2011