I was all alone during my D&C!

So I went in to the hospital to have surgery and I was there all alone. DH isn't really reacting to losing the baby. I feel all alone right now.
Should I be concerned about his behavior? It almost feels as if he doesn't care.

EvansMommy31605

Asked by EvansMommy31605 at 10:30 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• WOW.. i am so sorry you had to go through that alone- your husband should of been with you; i think sometimes husbands just don't know how to deal with things like this so, they act like it is no big deal- that is not a excuse for him not being there though- i am really sorry for your loss & i hope things get better for you soon! Take Care..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• First off I am sooo sorry about your loss! secondly men are weird about emotions they bundle them up and pretend not to be upset, it sounds normal but I would try to talk about it without being too pushy...
    kpolitte

Answer by kpolitte at 10:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• im also srry about your lose but some ppl show different emotions than others i'm sure he will come around ,maybe you need to talk to him
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 10:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm so sorry about your loss... That's really messed up... Talk to him and see why he didn't show up
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 1:35 AM on May. 27, 2011

• When I miscarried my dh was really distant and not very supportive at all. I think pregnancy isn't tangible to men, so there for I don't think it's a real for them as it is for us. Give him some time to let it soak in. I know it hurts for him to not be there for you, maybe try to open the door for communication and tell him how you feel.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:08 PM on May. 28, 2011