Veggie Tales Song-Can Someone Explain?!

This is our first Veggie Tales video. It's a sing-a-long tape and goes like this-
The bunny. The bunny. Whoa I ate the bunny. I didnt eat my soup or my bread just the bunny. The bunny. The bunny. Oh I love the bunny. But now I feel sick in the head from the bunny. I didnt eat my salad. I didnt eat my steak. I had too much candy, got a tummy ache. I need to eat good food to help me grow. I'll obey my mommy cuz she loves me so. I dont want no pickles. I dont want no honey. I just want a fork and a plate and a bunny!
I thought they meant a chocolate bunny until they said about a fork and plate. Has anyone heard this? What do you make of it?

BubbysMom208

Asked by BubbysMom208 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They do mean a chocolate bunny. The fork and plate is to eat the bunny with. The message is that kids should eat healthy foods, first at least, then candy, if at all. The part that says I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny are the lady asparagus back up singers (speaking for the kids) that want the chocolate bunny before dinner.

i used to babysit a lot...lol
    sdms

Answer by sdms at 9:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yep it's about a chocolate bunny. I want to say it's about 3 brothers and a chocolate factory but it's been so long since I saw that one
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Wait something about a golden bunny..worshiping false idols maybe... IDK I watched that in HS ages ago :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I love veggie tales and i love this song ha.

Yea its what sdms said, its trying to teach kids to eat the good and healthy foods first and not the junk food. and if you eat to much candy your stomach will get upset. lol

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yup it's about eating a candy bunny.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yeah, it's on the video where they get in trouble for not worshipping King Nebuchadnezzar's false idol. It's a chocolate bunny. I love that song!! lol!
    dorky_goddess

Answer by dorky_goddess at 10:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son just got into veggietales and its about a chocolate bunny! If you never watched veggietales and just read that song it could be a little disturbing lol!!
    Tatertot3

Answer by Tatertot3 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It's the chocolate bunny.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 3:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008