Five months and little

Hello,
This is my 1st pregnancy, I'm five months now (21 weeks) and not really showing. I have a small bump but alot of ppl who ask how far along I am and I give them the answer they are a lil'shocked. Some thought I was in my 1st trimester like about 2 months but nope, i'm five months. Anyways I believe i'm normal and healthy, also my mother was tiny in all her pregnancies so Im thinking its genetics. What do you girls think? Were/are you small in your pregnancy?

Victoria.Loved

Asked by Victoria.Loved at 10:45 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This is exactly the same for me Im 22 weeks and still not showing like everyone else thinks I should. It makes me feel bad but the dr said its normal b/c its my 1st baby and he is sitting back...
    kpolitte

Answer by kpolitte at 10:47 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i have a friend that didnt show at all until she was 7 months pregnant then her belly got really big...and she had a very healthy baby
    lvmy3lilones

Answer by lvmy3lilones at 10:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Its different for everyone. If you are eating healthy and taking your vitamins then you are good to go. Be happy you are small. You will pick up in that third trimester.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 10:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I was VERY small! My 1st was due at the end of January and I didnt start showing where people noticed until around the middle or end of November. Alot of people tried to tell me I was too small or that I wasnt eating enough but my baby was born 8 lbs 3 oz so CLEARLY it wasnt because the baby was too small. I also bounced back to my small stomach after alot faster, but my mom was the same about showing and getting her old stomach back so I think it really depends on the person. I'd just enjoy it! I know I did.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 10:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm happy to be small but ppl do try (unintentionally or intentionally) make me feel bad like i need to gain weight quick but then I stop and think, "I"m not her and she isn't me." The one's that really try to make me feel bad are over weight women, they kinda look up and down at me with attitude on their face. but its okay. why should we be jelous of each other because of weight? its radiculous and immature.
    Victoria.Loved

Comment by Victoria.Loved (original poster) at 10:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• im 22 weeks and from day one until my apt was last monday i have gained one pound i am showing a little but im very small built i asked my doc if he was concerned about the fact im not really gaining weight and he said my baby is growing and right on tract and that everything is fine only way he would be concerned if my baby wasnt growing he told me to make me feel better to drink a milk shake at night lol good luck with everything:)
    Brit0001

Answer by Brit0001 at 11:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• my friend had a baby a few years ago and she barely got a bump and her baby was a very healthy 8 pounds as long as your doctors aren't worried i'd not worry
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 2:55 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I was 19 weeks before I even knew I was pregnant and 22+ before i even tried to start showing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:46 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I know exactly what you mean by ppl (intentionally/ unintentionally) making you feel bad! they do it to me too I just wish I would start showing already!!!
    kpolitte

Answer by kpolitte at 10:08 AM on May. 27, 2011