Boys

I dont know what to do with my son any more. I'm going crazy. Every day this week I have gotten a call from school saying he has done some thing and even a mom came to my house yesterday to talk to me about my son and her daughter hanging out and the things she heard.. I dont know if hes doing this to make us mad at him. I talk to him and he just shines me off. I keep being told he is hanging around this one boy who is no good. I dont know because this is all new to me boy stuff growing up trying find himself. He will be 13 in Sept. I see him always trying to make the old kids like him way to much and I know they just take advantage of him and he dont see it or care. It makes me so made and dont understand why hes acting like this. He has every thing he needs in life and both his parents, a home etc. so why.

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 10:49 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I've raised 2 sons so maybe I can help you. You said he's 13, guessing he's 7th, 8th grade maybe. This is VERY normal! At this age they're between being a boy and a young man. Hormones are ALL over the place. It's VERY important to seem COOL amongst his peers and not a mommy's boy. These next two years are going to be your most trying years. You have to stay on top of EVERYTHING he's doing. If he misbehaves in school, show up and follow him to his classroom, I did this, only once :) Fixed that real quick. Make sure you have one on one time with him. Lunch or dinner always works, not only are you getting to know and appreciate him as he grows, unbeknownst to him your doing this, but boys love to eat and frankly that's high priority for them, lol Now, until graduation you are a FULL-TIME mom in the literal sense, lol Not that you weren't already. Problems are just different. But I can guarantee that once this ...
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• peer pressure
    boy being a boy ,
    i would also be in hell on these issues with my son he is 11 now , i scared
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• trying time is over, you'll not only have a wonderfull son but you'll also have a friend :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:07 PM on May. 26, 2011