Is it weird?

I just broke up my ex and his gf trying to help him get away from the controlling girls because he says he wants to get a relationship with our son whose 17months. well i helped him out and now hes staying with me. i have no idea how long he plans to stay with me. but what i wanna know is is it weird to have my ex sleeping in the same bed as me since we arent together wat so ever.

MandiBaby

Asked by MandiBaby at 10:50 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• yes...you dont want anyone getting the wrong idea...especially him! and you never know when a guy might try something
    lvmy3lilones

Answer by lvmy3lilones at 10:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• You playing with fire and pretty much stupid to let him back in your bed

kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 10:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• you go with your heart honey ,but never let a man take advantage of you EVER!!
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 10:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i mean i dont let him take advantage of me he makes me feel safe when hes there with me. i just dont know if i really can be with him the way he wants to be until he grows up
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 10:57 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I know two people that are living together and sleep in the same bed and have done everything together like holidays and such for years because of their daughter together, he lived elsewhere for awhile but is now back with her, living there, but they are not and will not be together. They're just together raising their daughter and doing whats best for her. I dont see a problem with it and maybe the situation will help him grow up more. I just would think of it as something to help him and your son and if later on down the road something changes in your relationship then its something you should deal with then. But for now if you're both comfortable with it then I dont see a problem.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 11:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• its weird .... dont think i could ever let an ex live with me and sleep in my same bed? dont you have a couch????
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i have a couch but its not really suitable for sleeping on.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 11:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think you're blurring the lines and therefore the boundaries. You feeling safe is nice, but it's not right. You don't want to make him too comfortable either or else he'll start acting like man of the house, even if he's not the alpha male type, that's the message you're sending him. Think of it this way, if you were married to someone else, and your new husband was kind enough to let the father of your child stay, where would he sleep then? He is an able bodied person, he can sleep on a lumpy couch or on some blankets on the floor. Besides setting boundaries you should also set a time limit, how long he can stay needs to be established. You have the responsibility of your child and yourself, not him; giving him a place to stay and taking care of him are two different things. One of you may grow attached again while the other does not, and that's a situation that can be avoided.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 12:08 AM on May. 27, 2011

• hes not staying for free if hes staying he has to help me out financially because being a mom of 4 kids under the age of 5 i need help and since one of those kids is his he should be helping me. at least thats my opinion.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 12:14 AM on May. 27, 2011