I need some help potty training my 3 year old.

momof9732

Asked by momof9732 at 11:02 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• girl or boy?
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It's girl
    momof9732

Comment by momof9732 (original poster) at 11:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• hmmmm i have 2 boys and it might be different ... I sat them on the potty every 30 minutes (if they had to go or not) just so they got used to going in there, i bought "the potty book" they read it everytime, and i let them play their gameboys while they sat on the potty ... eventually they got the hang of it
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:11 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Thanks for your help MomDW......

We go into the bathroom every 30min or so, we also have a book that we read. There are times that she goes right away but there are times that she just doesn’t want to go. When she has an accident she knows that she is going, most times she even tells me she has to go potty but just stands there and goes all over the floor. I take her in and we get her all cleaned up and then she goes and cleans up her mess (on the floor). The thing is, she is just lazy and doesn’t want to go. I hope this passes soon because I’m due in 6 weeks and I don’t want to have to keep buying her pull ups and diapers at the same time. We even talk about that babies use diapers and big girls go on the potty, but that don’t seem to help either.
    momof9732

Comment by momof9732 (original poster) at 11:41 PM on May. 26, 2011

• just ask her every 20 min or so if she needs to potty thats what i did with my boys
    crystal7.22.201

Answer by crystal7.22.201 at 3:39 PM on May. 27, 2011

• buy a special potty just for them. take them potty when they first get up. then different times durning the day. DO NOT BUY PULLUPS!!!!!! they only confuse them. my 4year old vrandson was potty trained at 3. my 5 yr is still in pullups at night. he still has accidients . just keep trying.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 5:07 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Thanks everyone...... She's doing good today =)
    momof9732

Comment by momof9732 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on May. 27, 2011