Husband's siblings trying to make me feel like a b*tch...

My husband and I have been married for 6 years and we have 2 children ( 4 year old daughter, 2 year old son) ...

Before we got married he moved here to my home town, the main reason was because where we live is right in the middle of alot of bigger cities ( and better job opportunities, since at the time he just graduated college) the town he is from is a town that is next to a huge college and the majority of the town is college kids, and there for the town just isnt that "nice" for a family setting ( there are alot of drugs and crime there also) .............. But the reason they believe and say that he moved here is so I " can control him " .

We go down to visit MIL & FIL about twice a month ( the same we do for my parents) .. and actually my husband is the one who came up with that plan so we wouldnt use so much gas money and so we would have some weedend time together ( it is a 2 hour drive there ) ...

Today we got a phone call saying MIL is at the hospital becuase she thinks she had a heart attack... when my husband told me, I was like " well are you coming home so we can go be with her" .... HE said no, he didnt want to take off work, and that she said she was ok, that she was texting, and even trying to talk FIL into sneaking her into lunch.... So we said we would just come up a few hours later after our daughters tball game ( which we would have the wait that same exact time to leave because we wouldnt have a babysitter until my mom got off work, and kids are not aloud in the part of the hospital) ...... Suddenly my phone was filled with texts talking about how I am a b*tch who doesnt care at all about if their mom dies, etc....

This drives me crazy because they do it all the time.... yes we only go twice a month but we still go more than they go-- unless they go to get money from her.... and when we do go, I help her with her cleaning and talk to her the whole time... I honestly love MIL .... and since she is older, when we bought our house last year we picked this one since it has a side apartment in case she ever wanted to move in for us to take care of her.... if something ever did happen to her my husband sister and brother would be the ones who start arguing over the will and money and stuff....

ALSO... we did go up and stayed for hours until visiting hours were over... and at that time, neither of them came at all ( they kept calling to say they were on the way, but then stopped answering calls).

My husband was annoyed because of the texts they sent me so he sent one asking why they didnt go see her since they made such a stink of it... and the reply was " well she really didnt have a heart attack anyways" ....

So really who are the ones who act like b*tches ...

( also she did not have a heart attakc, it is some sort of an infection that mimicked signs of a heart attack.... she should go home tomorrow or saturday)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Can you block them? Sounds like they just need to be ignored.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:07 PM on May. 26, 2011

• but at the end of the day THEY didn't make the EFFORT..YOU did... ACTIONS speak louder than words. let's hope there isn't a next time, BUT in the event of there being a next time, and they hear she thinks she's having a heart attack and it really is one, and the siblings still think that its probably just another infection, that's on their heads, NOT YOURS.
    Mavoreen

Answer by Mavoreen at 11:09 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Well next time they call you a b*tch, agree with them. Say something like "yep I'm the bitch who cared enough to go see mom in the hospital while you couldn' t be bothered as it turned out not to be REALLY serious". You could even add in some things about helping her clean, etc and that you truely love her. If that makes you a b*tch in their eyes, darlin, be PROUD of it. Next time you go to a fair, you could really stick it to em by purchasing and wearing a ball cap that says "super b*tch" on it and wear it in front of them. If they say anything just tell em, Yep, I'm a b*tch and proud of it...it takes a LOT of work & love to be a REALLY GOOD B*TCH.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:28 PM on May. 26, 2011

• IMO, they are just jealous because you have obviously done something with your life and (based on the fact that you said they ask MIL for money) they haven't. Try not to let them get to you. You seem like a very nice woman and they seem like selfish children. Their opinion of you does not matter.
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 11:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Just ignore them. You don't need them as they are. Sorry if that sounds hard but it's true and your life will be a lot better without them. When they realise they are the b*tches and that they need you & husband they'll change!
    stace101

Answer by stace101 at 7:37 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Ignore their texts and any other communications with that content. You sound like you are a good DIL. I assume your MIL thinks so too. That's all that counts. The attention you give her is very reasonable. Let your husband deal with his siblings.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:40 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm glad your mil is ok. I think your hubs should tell his siblings that he did not appreciate the texts they sent to you, and that they had better stop harassing you. He should also point out to siblings that both of you went and visited mom in the hospital for hours.... and make it a point to say "and where were you? Why didn't YOU show up?"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:26 PM on May. 27, 2011

• IGNORE THEM JUST KEEP SENDING SMILEY FACES TO EACH TEXT IF YOU HAVE TOO
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 8:01 PM on May. 27, 2011