How to make it stop hurting....or at least make the pain less?

im 29 weeks pregnant and i scrubbed the kitchen down today(i shouldn't have worked so hard) i was on the floor scrubbing the wall where the trash can sits,it was covered in grease from the stove and food from where we just threw stuff into the trash can, anyway i fell asleep without a pillow under my hips and now no matter which way i sit or lay my hips hurt to a point where i almost cry, iv tried massaging them, my boyfriend tried rubbing them and it still hurts

any ideas on what i can do? or is it the kinda thing where i just have to deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i think you may have just over done it and probably pretty sore from it. unfortunately its something your going to have to deal with.. take tylenol for the discomfort. try laying with a pillow under part of your back and have your hips turned to the side with a pillow between your knees. or just try to get as comfortable as possible. I know its not going to be easy now. it might even help to take a pretty warm shower or bath. sorry to hear about your pain.. i feel for ya. hope you get to feeling better. Good luck (HUGS)
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 11:26 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Maybe try a heating pad for a few minutes then an ice pack and repeat.
    MommyMJean

Answer by MommyMJean at 11:31 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I would say tylenol will help. if you choose the heating pad becareful not to have it too hot because you may burn the baby. I did that with muscle rub. Cause i had lower back pain due to over doing it. I would say if you want to try the hot cold treatment to use a warm hand or face towel. Relax the next day, take it easy, you may have to clean in sections. when i am pregnant i clean the toliet and face bowl then take a break come back clean the mirrors and spray the tub and rest then clean the tub and sweep. It takes longer but it keeps you from hurting. I do hope you feel better. :)
    ruqayap

Answer by ruqayap at 11:44 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Ice x 20 minutes... let the area rewarm NATURALLY, then ice 20 minutes again. Heat is not a pain killer...it only helps when you are tryign to stretch a large muscle. Ice will kill pain, heat increases it. Never treat a new condition with heat, always ice!! Tylenol is OK when you are pregnant as well. (I am a sports medicine professional... I NEVER use heat in my practice... I treat this kind of thing all the time) ICE, ICE, ICE is always your best bet!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:50 PM on May. 26, 2011