How many of you work but don't have to?

My DH has started a really awesome job with amazing pay and benefits and told me that I didn't have to work anymore if I didn't want to. I'm the type of person, I could be filthy rich and still would want to work and support myself. I'm just a workaholic! I grew up without much so I feel like If I depend on someone else to take care of me, I'll have nothing to be proud of or worse! I would end up with nothing.

BrandyBaby22

Asked by BrandyBaby22 at 11:31 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Here's a kicker. I'd have an easier time affording an apartment, buying food, and getting health benefits if I didn't work. But if I don't want to live completely off welfare yes I have to work.
    Anonymous

• I went back to work 11 years ago because our boys were older and I needed an outlet, my own friends, life :) I could stay home but there's only so much vaccuming and dusting you can do. I love my job and very thankful I have it :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I work because I want to. DD is still young (elementary school), but I get bored being a SAHM. My job is very flexible and easy going, I love it.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 12:13 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I have to.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 10:27 AM on May. 27, 2011

• We have just reached a point where DH's income alone could support the entire family without scrimping too much. But I love working. And DH is working 60+ hours a week to make this money. I don't want him to have to do that forever, nor do I want to rely on only one income. A job loss in that case would be devistating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't think we need the extra money, but it is nice and it helps us reach our goals faster.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:22 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I work but dont have to. DH can pay the bills and we can live a good live. I love to work and make my own money.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 5:16 PM on May. 27, 2011