Dyslexia Test

Hi
Does any one know where to get my son tested for Dyslexia. P lease don't say the school I have done that and they don't test I know this because I have been wanting to test him for 3 years but was told he is to young NOW he will be repeting 2nd grade because his Reading level is in K. Why would they pass him when he was not ready. I am at the school all the time working in the classes and I just don't get it I told them over & over about Dyslexia running high in my family 4+generation .

tlcmt

Asked by tlcmt at 11:34 PM on May. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We took our son to a child psychologist. Dyslexia was something that I had never even thought of, but after testing, we found out he actually does have it, with numbers. Once diagnosed, we were able to have his teachers help him, and now this year he made an 87% in math!!
    Tealberi

Answer by Tealberi at 11:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I suspected my son was dyslexic right through primary school but he was just labelled "slow". So when he was starting high school (which is 8th grade, here) we paid to have him tested by a place called the Dyslexia Testing Center, with a specially qualified psychologist. It was expensive, but so very nice to get a diagnosis. Not only is he not "stupid" she assessed his intelligence at well above average, and he was then entitled to scribes and readers for all his high school exams. It made such a difference! He is looking to go to University next year, so we just had him re-assessed and now the psychologist puts his IQ at 133. That's basically genius, but his reading age is about 8 or 9 years old. We got him a Kindle to read books and newspapers and journal articles and he has Dragon Voice to Text so he can write assignments without ever putting pen to paper or needing to type. Look into it!!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:49 PM on May. 26, 2011

• thank you Dyslexia Testing Center I will look into it
    tlcmt

Comment by tlcmt (original poster) at 11:58 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'd suggest asking your doctor or checking with a psycholigist.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Talk to your Dr.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Talk to your Dr and see if they can refer you to someone who can test him.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011