Anyone here who was pregnant during college?

So I am a senior in college and I'm trying to study for finals right now...ewwww...I am having the HARDEST time concentrating. My head feels so hazy..and I just can't focus. I've been sleeping a lot at nights, and taking naps, so it's not like I'm lacking sleep.
If anybody else has been in this situation..how did you deal with it? And do you think this is actually a result of the pregnancy?

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I went to school my entire pregnancy....I actually think it's harder to study now with a 4 month old than when I was pregnancy. I've never been able to get back to focusing lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 9:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I was 5 months pregnant when I entered college and I stayed in till that baby popped out she came 2 weeks after I finished my finals and it is hard to concentrate but I just knew I had to pull through I spent weeks studying instead of last minute so I could study little by little on everything and not huge amaounts at once to where I would lose concentration
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 9:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Before I had my daughter I had finished my Electrology degree and my Associates in business...since she was born I continued to work on my bachelors and masters...I'm pregnant now and it does get to be a little much (especially with the higher grade level and more demanding courses). You're tired...I get feeling really lazy. I actually just turned in an assignment I KNOW was pretty much garbage for the first time in semesters and semesters. Hopefully I will be delivering over winter break and I will be having a full course load (actually more than "full time" course load) starting in January. It is well worth it to finish and have your education though. What I have has definitely allowed me to support my family more easily and provide a better life for us.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Hey! I'm actually pregnant and in college right now and i have finals as well. I just tried to eat my saltine crackers before I got up in the morning and it helped A LOT and take a extra nap even though you've sad you've been getting plenty of sleep and that has helped with me. I also got a couple days of work, don't know if your schedule will allow that. When i first was pregnant and didn't know I was I was past out for like 2 weeks straight at a time. So it is very demanding on your body.
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes, I was pregnant with my first daughter when I was in college. It can be very rough. Make sure you don't get dehydrated, eat a little every few hours to keep your blood sugar stable, and take your vitamins. It's likely a combination of the pregnancy hormones and the stress of school that is draining you. Good luck, I am sure you can do it.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 9:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• pregnant in college 2x!!! last final tomorrow. i just push through
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i dropped out for the year...im allowed to go back..its only 1 year course that im doing...and i left to get a job to make more money for the little one...but dont do what i did..i had to do this because it was for the babys sake and she needs a good mom..im going back in the fall
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2008