Which does everyone prefer and why? Swim Diapers or bathing suits with the swim diaper lining in them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It depends on how much you want to spend. I preferred the suit with the liner but I have used both. Now my LO is potty training and she will get out of the pool to go to the bathroom so I don't need either.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:07 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I have always just put my son in the pool with nothing on but shorts. I don't understand the big deal with this, what do people think that parents did b4 swim diapers? I mean really? They either put the kid in the damn pool without a diaper at all or put them in the pool with a regular diaper that filled up with water and weighed a few pounds or so by the time they got out of the pool. Those swim diapers are expensive, and it is not like the average toddler is going to be spending hours let alone even close to one whole in the pool with their attention spans. At the most a toddler may pee once in a pool while they are in there, but lets get real..... your toddler will not be the only one especially in a public pool!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:27 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Suits with the liner in them. They are getting harder to find now though with all the disposables out there! They are more expensive up front but less expensive over time (since you have to keep buying the disposables)

Truth - kids aren't allowed in most pools without an approved swim diaper

Answer by missanc at 8:08 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Two things to think about: keeping the poo in and not getting a huge bulky diaper. The swim diapers kind of help to contain the poo but some can leak out anyway, but they don't really absorb the pee (so they don't get to bulky).

If you are going into a pool, you are supposed to put those re-usable rubber pants on top of the swim diapers - most pools require this (even though some parents ignore it). I hear it's not uncommon for public pools to have to be evacuated because of unhealthy amounts of bacteria in the water. Super gross!! And must be pretty embarrasing for the mom with the poopy kid! If you're just splashing around in your back yard kiddie pool, I'd say a swim diaper is good enough.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 12:28 PM on May. 27, 2011