Anyone else have a hell of a storm tonight?

I live in PA, and the storms here we so bad! I literally put my kids in a closet with pillows and blankets and prepared to shut the door if I had to to keep them safe. The storm came so fast one second it was dark and the next the trees were bending over and stuff was pelting the windows, the lightning was so loud it rumbled forever, mean while the tv was playing tornado warnings while the lights flickered and house creeked from the wind. I've never been so scared in my life our house has no basement. I'v been through a tornado two years ago with my two years old but at least I had my ex's family there with me. This time I was all alone with my two babies , next time I'm going to my MIL!

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 11:47 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Oh no that sounds sooo scary. I'm so glad that you and your family are safe. We haven't had any bad storms here.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Two nights ago. No electricity for 48 hours.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• In Louisiana. Yes had an EF-3 tornado storming with half dollar sized hail slamming into my front door. What was even freakier was when the rain started blowing sideways! Glad you're ok. We are over here. Didn't do a lot of damage because the tornado hit an area outside of city that wasn't very populated. Did destroy a home but everyone is ok there.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 11:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• So scary!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:16 AM on May. 27, 2011

• We had softball sized hail in Tn.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:43 AM on May. 27, 2011

• That sounds scary. I'm glad you and your kids are ok! I live in Sc and normally we have rough storms, but lately we havent had much rain at all.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 8:47 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm in NJ but I don't believe we had any storms last night...unless I slept through them:)
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 8:57 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yep, we're in PA, too, and a tornado did hit only a few miles north of us near my uncle's last night. They're all okay, thank goodness. We've been getting loads of rain & high winds fairly regularly this Spring & I am sooo ready for this weather to settle down.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:26 AM on May. 27, 2011

• There's rumor a mini-tornado touched down in Midtown Atlanta last night. We had bad winds with trees down across the city.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:21 AM on May. 27, 2011

• We had some pretty good ones, and as we are up on a mountain sort of, it seemed like we were right in the thick of it. Nothing like that though- glad you guys are ok!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:19 PM on May. 27, 2011