Kinda really gross....TMI adult content

I think I have an ingrown hair under my butt kinda where your leg turns into you butt but near the crack. I was walking around the store yesterday and thought my undies were pinching. When I got home it started to get sore, I can't really see it because it's in a really strange spot but I could feel it and it was HUGE like one of those giant marbles. It's felt like it was full or something, so I tried to pop it but all it did was bleed bloody watery stuff and I could feel like hard lumps I could pop them out. Oh and I had to use a needle to pop it a few times in th first place. Is that an ingrow hair, I don't think I've ever had one before. Its still super sore but not nearly as big or swelled up with stuff. How do I get rid of it? It's not and STD or anything I'v been tested and with the same person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• I would put Neiopsorin (sp?) on it. Try to heal the sores. I don't think, it's an STD, unless you have other symptoms...?
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I had one of those one time I asked my dh to pop it but it did not want to pop so I just let go it was not bothering me anyway I had an appt. with my gyno the next week and I asked her about it she said it was a gland it does that when it trying to fight some infection she said to leave it alone it will go away and sure enough it was gone (or it got smaller and finally it was gone) so leave it alone or ask your Dr. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• No other symptoms, just a giant sore bump! =/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 AM on May. 27, 2011

• it could be an ingrown hair that got infected . i really don't know what to tell ya but it would be a good idea to have a doctor take a look at it. Good Luck hope you feel better soon
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 12:12 AM on May. 27, 2011

• It could be an ingrown hair or a boil (a swelling underneath the skin) - try using a warm compress on it - should help swelling go down and ease the pain a little. But yep, see your doc as well.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:13 AM on May. 27, 2011

• it sounds like a boil. DO NOT try to pop it!! if it's badly infected, it could get in your blood stream and cause major issues! GL
    Mama.Mantha1318

Answer by Mama.Mantha1318 at 12:17 AM on May. 27, 2011

• It could be one, or a risen or boil. Usually you have to wait until they're ready. Then they usually ripen and you're able to squeeze out the gunk once it goes to the surface. Usually it's hard and buried for a little while, then it surfaces. If it's a problem for too long you may have to get it lanced. You can buy some drawing salve which helps draw up the infection to the surface. Keep a warm, moist cloth on it some too.

Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 12:19 AM on May. 27, 2011

• have your doctor take a look. Not a good idea to use a needle to pop it.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:29 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Popping is no good, but what's done is done. See a dermatologist right away, they may want to make sure you don't have an infection. An abscess can be anything really, the blood proves that it's slightly infected so you may need an antibiotic. Because of the location of it, it may "refill" and you'd have to have it drained again but by the Dr. Take a sitzbath (a bath of about 3-4 inches of hot as you can stand it water) that will attract your antibodies to the infected location so they can fight it off. Try to wear loose clothing, I know it's a difficult area, so go commando while you're at home, borrow some of DH boxers if you have to.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 12:40 AM on May. 27, 2011