What would you do to this house ?

( besides changing the white) Need ideas on landscaping, maybe shutter and door color ?

I already plan on new mailbox, changing those lights ( a bigger more decorative one), and changing the house numbers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• tear out those old bushes and put maybe a small garden there
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:37 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Those bushes have to go, but add a lot of colorful flowers and other plants. Lights fixtures alongside the walkway. Definitely change the shutters and door color to color that pops outstanding the overwhelming white color of the house. Maybe plant a tree where the driveway is. Hope this at least give you some ideas. GL!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:43 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yeah, definatly getting rid of the bushes lol...

do you have any ideas on what colors for the shutters and door that would go with the white ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 AM on May. 27, 2011

• also, the bay window kind of bugs me, like it looks to plain... I am sure after we get newer windows in a couple years it will looker nicer there, but any ideas on what do to for now ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:49 AM on May. 27, 2011

• anything neutral
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:49 AM on May. 27, 2011

• larger windows for the bay window and a window seat inside
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:50 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I would get rid of those concrete stairs and put a nice patio on the front the length of that protruding section. You could get rid of that pointy roof line above the door and make a nice welcoming entrance.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:14 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, I was definitely looking at the bay window because it does look a little plain maybe a matching boarder underneath and/or add shutters to both sides of it. If you aren't going to change the color of the house anytime soon then I would match all the colors to a contrast of the roof. Maybe a silvery grey or charcoal color and adding a red door. I really like how a white colored house looks with a red door. There's just something so sophisticated about it.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 1:15 AM on May. 27, 2011

• The right handside needs softening. Tall shrubs or trees to add curves and take away from the vertical line. The line makes it seem smaller and it needs to be extended. Any hoizontal lines...a porch... will add interest and dimension to the home.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:49 AM on May. 27, 2011

• colour combinations - neutral brown, tan, and gray

This color combination would look nice with a red door,

SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 2:09 AM on May. 27, 2011