Has your child ever been missing? I mean that in every way possible from the store to the park to actual kidnapping

if so weren't you frantic? were you in any state of mind to go out and party?
Didn't your world pretty much come to a screeching halt because they were missing for even a few minutes?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:34 AM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• No question about it, my heart stopped the second I realized she wasn't next to me anymore and I learned what the word frantic really meant. Then I heard the little booger laughing inside the clothing rack and had to have a talk about never giving mommy a heart attack. Worst feeling in the world, no sane person could be able to go out like that woman did.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:23 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I see where you're going with this, and yes I've experienced it. The second I found out my son hadn't made it to school, I was calling the police out to help me find him. I didn't mess around and enter a hot body contest at a club while I waited days for him to be come home.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:45 AM on May. 27, 2011

• once my dd woke up before me and climbed out of bed.. i ran down stairs and searched the entire house downstairs and in the basement and out in our yard... i found her when i went upstairs to grab my cell phone to make a report and i heard something in my closet, she had been there the entire time playing dress up.

NO WAY would I go out and party with my child missing and blame it on an imaginary babysitter.. hope she gets the chair.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:24 AM on May. 27, 2011

• NO!! Thank the goddess that has not happened and hopefully never will!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:44 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes. We had went to the water park at the zoo. He was running all over the place. I turned my head a second and turn it back around and he was gone. I was very frantic. His daddy, aunt, cousin and I all started looking for him. His daddy found him over by the carousel. But he gave me a very big scare. No way would I have gone out partying with him missing.
    Slademom09

Answer by Slademom09 at 1:54 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I had turned my back for a SECOND at walmart and she took off. Luckily DH works there and it was in the middle of the night and a coworker found her up in the FRONT of the store while we were still combing through the back, yelling for her. Scared the daylights out of us!!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 1:59 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Once when he was little, he decided to play hide and seek but didn't tell mommy. I lost my mind. Tore the house apart. He came out when the police showed up at the house. He opened up the dryer and hid in there. The door was open to it and he wasn't hurt he just climbed in there and watched me run around looking for him. I was FRANTIC!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:52 AM on May. 27, 2011

• That happened to me before to...just a few months ago in fact!!! we had a bunch of people over at our apt and it was nice outside so everyone was sitting outside on the portch. Dh and i stepped inside for a min and when we went outside, ds was gone!!! No one saw anything.....we freaked out and started running around the apt and screaming for him....It turns out he had followed someones little brother down the stairs, we live on a 2nd floor apt, and to the drainage ditch to play with them.....he had no shoes on and the parking lot out here has glass and other things in it. dh and i about died!!!!!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:47 AM on May. 27, 2011

• We hired a sitter for our boys then 2 and 3. She had a DD 2 yrs. Last thing we said was chain doors as our boys could not open them but we knew her DD could. We left for dinner. Called to check in...no answer for several minutes. Called a friend to go over and check. When he got there he call us and said the police were at our house. My DH was on the phone with the officer...he told us the sitter was passed out on the couch, and the neighbors called because all 3 children were running in the street! We flew home, it was all I could do not to kill her! Needless to say we only leave them with family. This girl was 18 and the DD of my friend, so I trusted her...never again.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:54 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes! My middle son 'wandered off' when he was 8 or 9. He went to back neighbors house to play for a while. It was starting to get dark he was not home yet. I saw the mom out and said "oh, can you send Colin home now?" She said "he is not here, he left a while ago" So I went into panic mode, told her he was missing, yelled for hubs and needless to say many neighbors came running to help look for him. Hubs got in the car and drove around up and down the blocks to find him, oldest son and friend jumped on bikes and rode the neighborhood to find him.... after 45 minutes of everyone searching for him I was worried sick and about to dial 911 when he comes strolling in the house w/o a care in the world! Evidently on his way home earlier he got sidetracked- he saw a friend from school and decided to go to that kid's house--- without asking me or letting me know! I was soooo mad at him, and so relieved nothing happened to him!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:50 PM on May. 27, 2011