Vent...Pregnant and pissed off!

It seems like every little thing is just bugging the heck out of me these days. I know it's partly hormonal but it also has a lot to do with my DH. He's super stressed out about our upcoming baby, he's already working his butt off to provide for our family and he never has free time for himself. I feel for him, but I'm a SAHM of a VERY active 17mo and I'm pregnant and taking care of EVERYTHING on the home front...I just feel like he has no respect for the amount of work I do around here and doesn't get that when he's home he needs to make an effort to keep his attitude in check. I'm at the end of my rope with my DS and I've been sick this week and his bad mood is just pissing me off. I guess he's entitled to feel however he wants but damnit, I'm making a HUGE attempt to keep my mood swings in check. The least he could do is the same for me. Ugh!!!! Anyone else dealing with this shit?

ShainaMay

Asked by ShainaMay at 1:35 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i am right there with you honey! im due in two weeks its been this way since we moved out of my moms house. he is a complete and total prick anymore and my daughter is 18 months old, and needless to say not very nice either lol. im trying to not make any serious decisions because i am pregnant and quite emotional and i dont want to do anything im going to regret anyways,,,, if you need to talk just message me! good luck momma!
    lovemybabies923

Answer by lovemybabies923 at 12:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• nope, my ex is gone and out of the picture lol... but i went through a lot when i was pregnant with our second.. its why we arent together now.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:26 AM on May. 27, 2011

• my DH stormed off about 20 minutes ago and i can't get him to answer his cell....i pushed him too far apparently....sometimes I wish i had never gotten married and all the fighting and stress during this pregnancy is making me almost wish i weren't pregnant at all...i'm so conflicted!!! men are like aliens...i just don't get how you can explain yourself very simply and they DON'T understand. I am not ready to give up on my marriage but sometimes i wish i could just disappear for a couple months and take a break from this relationship which never seems to make enough progress in the right direction :(
    ShainaMay

Comment by ShainaMay (original poster) at 3:31 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I suggest you talk about expectations and such because they are not aligned and probably the biggest hiccup you're having. Perhaps also talking about what expression of love you understand... does him doing something make you feel loved, do you need flowers, phone calls, etc.. what is it that makes you feel loved him him and vice versa. Try to hash those out and work on them to feel better about the relationship then move into the nuances
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 7:19 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Being pregnant is a huge strain on realationships, its very streesfull. The key is communication. My ex and I didnt have the communication and he ended up letting things eat away at him intill he cheated on me. Im NOT saying that will happen to you or your husband is, Im just saying you need to talk and be on the same page. Try for a little alone time were you can calmly and maturrely talk about your feelings and stress level. Dont give up. Things will get better.
    Gracie_Kayy

Answer by Gracie_Kayy at 8:17 AM on May. 27, 2011

• i hear ya i am 7months pregnant doing most of the stuff around the house, with my SO's mother popping her head in all the time... i cant wait to move so she isnt living right up stairs, but for now its cheap. but something changed in my SO last night, he mopped the floor and helped me clean out the laundry room. i almost went into shock!!
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 9:14 AM on May. 27, 2011

• im having the same problem ..even though he works hard when he comes home he is a wreck ...my mood is always happy to see him but i get upset when he doest get intrested in the fact that im pregnant and i still work just as hard ...seems unfair sometimes...
    noelle71203

Answer by noelle71203 at 10:16 AM on May. 27, 2011