Some say I'm 14 weeks, some say I'm 15??

I'm subscribed to about a bazillion "this is how you and your baby are doing in week bla bla" newsletters. Some say I'm 14 weeks, while others say I'm 15 weeks. For the record, I'm 14 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone knew why that is? I have the same due date on all of them. I've double and triple checked.

SMC112011

Asked by SMC112011 at 1:50 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me, I went to the doctor and he worked out I was a week more than I actually was, some go by the last menstral cycle, but the first scan I had they confirmed I was 11 weeks not 12 like the mid wife and doctor had said.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 2:13 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Its hard to tell exactly how far you are, since many people arent sure when theire last period was, and you cant tell the exact day you conceived. Also, there are differnt ways to count how far you are and keep time in pregnancy, the different newletters might have different systems.
    Gracie_Kayy

Answer by Gracie_Kayy at 8:22 AM on May. 27, 2011

• personally i just think of my "weeks along" is just an estimate because not many people give birth on their exact due date unless induced or by c section.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:14 PM on May. 27, 2011