How does this sound? (time limit)

I have about twenty more minutes before I submit this short essay of Bach vs Mozart. Please tell me what you think. Thank you!!

Bach's music is known for the fugues he composed. They can be dark and brooding, but soothing at the time time. The music he composed was also comparable to a "round" or a song sung by more than one person singing the same words, but at different times (think "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"). Though they're aren't any words in his compositions, you can hear the instruments performing this round of music. They "sing" the same words, but not together and not always in the same pitch. What I remember the most from Bach's compositions is his use of the winds and strings.

Mozart, on the other hand, kept things somewhat simple. In this, I mean that the sounds were more relaxing and easier to follow. One thing that stands out from the Classical period is that the music was created to be memorable (at least, this is my opinion). Mozart creates a homophonic sound with the orchestra and they sound like they're one entity, but with their own voice. I love the pieces he wrote for the strings family. The music sounded beautiful.

When given the choice to listen to either Bach or Mozart, I would choose Mozart.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 2:25 AM on May. 27, 2011 in

• It depends on what level the course is that you are in. Your answers are short, concise and easily understood. Is your professor asking for an indepth analysis. If this is an elective course and not intended for a concentration, I would think you did fine.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:31 AM on May. 27, 2011

• He wants us to explain the difference between the two composers, being sure to mention the different elements they both use.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 2:35 AM on May. 27, 2011

• This class is a considered an elective, but it's part of a core curriculum that I need to graduate next May. Music is not my focus.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 2:36 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Sounds good but there are some grammar and spelling mistakes that need to be fixed. Reread it and you will see the errors, they are obvious.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:53 PM on May. 27, 2011

• "time time" Crap. I submitted it roughly 20 minutes after I posted it. Hopefully he'll see what I was trying to type.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 6:11 PM on May. 28, 2011