Pink eye?

My DH's eye has been getting pinker & pinker lately. He says the only thing that happens is the light hurts his upper right eye. We're not sure if it is pink eye or not, we have an 8 month old daughter & I really don't want her catching it. I'm stuck between it just being irritated or in fact pink eye. Any advice besides the DR? His insurance hasn't kicked in yet & we have no money for the DR for him.

MacisMommy91610

Asked by MacisMommy91610 at 4:34 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• He should go see an eye doctor! I don't knpw what else to advise, maybe it's conjunctivitis?
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 4:36 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I have no idea, I hope we can take him. Would an actual DR work or does it have to be an eye DR?
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 4:40 AM on May. 27, 2011

• He thinks it's Viral Pink Eye. But it still bothers me that he won't get it checked.
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 4:54 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I think if it's effecting his vision he should see a eye docotr, but I could be wrong, try a doctor if possible, if it is conjunctivitis it's very contageous!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 4:57 AM on May. 27, 2011

• A regular doctor will work. He needs to be putting antibiotic eye drops in his eyes! Take him to the doctor,u don't want to get it and u don't want you don't want your baby to get it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:32 AM on May. 27, 2011

• My kids just got over pink eye. Your husband needs to go to the doctor and have it checked out (make sure that is what is really going on) and if so he should get an Rx for eye drops. Also he needs to avoid touching his eye and wash his hands asap if he does touch it. (to prevent it spreading).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:09 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Until you know for sure whether or not it's conjunctivitis (pink eye), he should treat it as though it is, to be sure it doesn't get spread to anyone else -- pink eye is VERY contagious. Usually, with pink eye, when you wake in the morning, the affected eye has a sticky discharge that may dry to a crust on the lashes, and looks kinda yucky. A warm eye bath to rinse this out is a good start. Be sure he washes his hands every time he touches his eyes.

With allergies being extra active this year (due to all the wind blowing pollen around) the redness may just be allergies. But, as soon as you can, get him to a doctor -- just to be safe. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:08 PM on May. 27, 2011