Why do you think these days teachers are engaging in sexual activities with their students?

I was watching the news and something got my attention. It was the mug shots of these women that looked like criminals the puppy eyes, the face w/o make up, the untangled hair, etc. I thought there were some kind of gang or something. A minute later I found out that they were teachers who had been arrested for having sex with their under age students.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i don't think its a new thing. i think now a days we get the information so quickly and from so many parts of the world that we know so much that we are so surprised about everything. yes its disgusting and gross and why would any teacher do that but other wise i feel its just always been around its just that now a days we have more media available to us.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:57 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I agree I dont think it is a new thing. I just think it is being reported more than before.

Answer by gemgem at 8:10 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Like pp said it has always been around the media just make the information more available. Also female teachers did not use to get in trouble for these things the boys where seen as lucky rather than victims. With most teachers being females and that double standard in place it was not considered new worthy. Now that people are realizing that boys can be molested and they are victims it is now news.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:10 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Not a new thing. What is new is tge technology. With camera phones, texting, voice mail, and FB...more likely to get caught.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:13 AM on May. 27, 2011

• They are nasty.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:34 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I think it's sick. I get laid off due to budget cuts, and can't get back into the profession to save my life. ALL OF THESE sick ass people are teaching? They do not respect the profession or their students. It's PATHETIC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Same reasons they did before "these days." You just didn't hear about it 24/7 for a week, across the entire country, every time it happened.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:40 PM on May. 27, 2011