Is there any chance, or are my shoes ruined? :(

Hey,

Please read this and help if you can. Last night I was out partying, wearing a great outfit.....including Christian Louboutin heels (approx $700)...they're my best shoes. Anyway, the party went great but on the way home, my car got stuck and I ended up having to walk across a field to get home. The field was super muddy since it has been so rainy, and of course my beautiful shoes got covered in mud :(

Idk if I can get all of the mud off, it's really caked on there.

http://tiny.cc/5pppt
http://tiny.cc./1lujz
http://tiny.cc/57b9d

Please take a look, do you think they are permanently ruined? They did get super muddy, on the outside AND inside :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Good quality shoes can stand anything throw at them. I wouldn't matter if they go wet or got mud on them. If these are worth the price then the shoes are going to be fine once clean and dry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on May. 27, 2011

• OMG I would have walked BAREFOOT before walking in a muddy field with Louboutin's! I would try taking them to the dry cleaner or see if you have a shoe specialty store, like a cobbler type place and see if they can specialty clean them. Good Luck!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:12 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Let then dry out thoroughly and then brush them off. Be patient and make sure they are really dry so the mud does not streak and smudge. Then see if they are salvageable. You could have them dyed a different color if that would take care of the problem areas.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:24 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Try using baby wipes maybe? They're gentle enough for a baby so they shouldn't ruin your shoes.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:41 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yeah I think I would try a shoe repair shop and see what they say...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:42 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Take them to a shoe repair shop and have them cleaned. If anyone can make them wearable again, it's a shoe repair shop.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:53 AM on May. 27, 2011

• $700 for a pair of shoes??? That's more then I have to spend on food for my family for a month!! WTF???
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:35 AM on May. 27, 2011

• wow, sorry...I dont know how you walked thru a muddy field in those shoes without breaking your neck...I would wait til they dry, brush off as much dirt as possible then if the dont come clean take them to a professional, too much money spent to waste them..if they cant be cleaned of the mud stains, I would have them redyed a dark color
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:19 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Did you cry? It's totally a situation worth crying about, those poor lovely shoes. I completely feel for you. I dropped bbq sauce on my House of Harlow crocheted pumps. Im still devastated because I can't get the last bit of stain out. I know that my shoes weren't $700, but I still spent over $200 and it hurts to have something that you spent a lot on get ruined. I hope you're able to get the mud out! Good luck hun, I feel your pain!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 9:33 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Shoe repair - and wow, I've never spent that much on a pair of shoes ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:25 PM on May. 30, 2011