Would you judge me without knowing me?

I have a hard time making friends(I've only had a handful of people that I really like get close to me and they stabbed me in the back--so it is hard to trust others), we don't get out much because we don't have the money to do things, I don't drive a big fancy car, don't live in a big fancy house, can't go out to dinner every day and also have been dealing with medical issues etc.

The past year has been really hard on us I try to make friends but people just seem not to want to have anything to do with me. It is hard for me to make any good friends.

I'm starting to wonder if half the reason is people judge me for my looks; I am ugly, fat(am trying to lose but it gets harder and harder every year; I have lost 30 pounds this year but have a lot more to go) have no teeth(have dentures but they don't fit properly and can't go to the dentist to get them aligned.

I'm a nurturing, open minded mom who loves to bake and cook but when people see me..they see blonde hair, fat woman and figure I am as stupid as they say blondes are and instantly assume I'm a b**** or mean?

I'm starting to wonder if my looks are making people instantly judge I'm someone that I'm not. How would you describe me?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:18 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know you very well but through our messages but I think you are an intelligent and nice person, two of the best characteristics a person can have. I think you and I could be friends in real life not just online. Have a great day. :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:32 AM on May. 27, 2011

• i think so your average person will judge a book by its cover dont let that get to u i myself have the same problem its just i always look pissed off but i came to cafemom and made a really good friend she is very understanding and so am i and yes its very hard to put your self out there all the time and get rejected and i am just like u i dont trust just anyone my true best friend is my SO

keep your chin up and dont let people that know nothing about u put u down
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:34 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't think it's your looks that pushes people away at all. Your negative attitude, low self esteem, and stream of complaints is what does it for me.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 7:30 AM on May. 27, 2011