Would you consider this racist?

A friend on Facebook posted a photo of a couple of (Caucasian) people swimming yesterday. It was an 80 degree day where she lives. This was her caption for the photo: HELLO!! It is not summer time(in my sarcastic voice).. Lmmfao @ white people

My question is whether this is racist or not?

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 7:32 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Her comment implies that white people are too stupid to realize it's too cold for swimming, and therefore she feels they are inferior to other races who are smart enough to know it's too cold for swimming. In that sense, I would say yes, racist.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 8:46 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I consider it in bad taste and sounding uneducated but I try not to throw around the term racist. It is overused in this day and age.

Answer by gemgem at 7:34 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes I would feel the same way. We are who we are, black, white, chinese, hispanic, we need to own who we are and stop being offended when someone says oh shes white, or shes black. Its an observation not racism.

Answer by gemgem at 7:38 AM on May. 27, 2011

• speaking for myself only, i'm "white" and it doesn't offend me in the slightest.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:00 AM on May. 27, 2011

• After thinking about it for a minute, I have to wonder how it would be perceived if the same thing were said about black people. I have no doubt that it would be labeled as racist.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:03 AM on May. 27, 2011

• ignorant!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:49 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, I think it's racist.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:24 AM on May. 27, 2011

• The best way to figure out if it's racists is to replace the word "black" for the word "white". If it would be racist with black, it's racist for white, as long as you believe in equality, that is.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:01 AM on May. 27, 2011

• yes, she is rascist
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 7:44 AM on May. 27, 2011