How would you describe me?

I have a hard time making friends we don't get out much because we don't have the money to do things; and also have been dealing with medical issues etc.  The past year has been really hard on us also financially and physically; I try to make friends but people just seem not to want to have anything to do with me. It is hard for me to make any good friends. People just don't seem to have the time to come and visit me; and I can't drive due to deteriorating eyesight

I'm a nurturing, open minded mom who loves to bake and cook. I am a caring, loving, generous, honest person, I am a true and loyal friend that would give the clothes off my back if needed.  I would do anything for anyone and I do help others as much as I can weather it be giving my time or making goodies for others.  All I want is a friend that will stand by me through thick and thin and be there when I need them and do something with me once in a while or just come and visit me; the way I would be for them.

I'm starting to wonder why people instantly judge me before getting to know me and my background. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs; I don't have tattoos but I don't judge those that do and the only piercings I have are my ears but I don't judge others on that either.  I was always raised you don't judge a book by its cover and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:46 AM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• lonely.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:51 AM on May. 27, 2011

• well the driving part is hard, some people do things in return so if you visited them, they'd visit you back but since you cant drive, i think pple should understand BUT all things here you have just explained to us, we wouldnt of known unless you explained them. Most pple judge on looks because they dont know the inside story you just told us.

and having friends doesnt require money.Use your cooking skills for church bake sales and such, try to make friends that way...?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:56 AM on May. 27, 2011

• In the friends department. You sound like me. I think people judge me by my out word experience.  having girlfriens is over rated any ways.

Answer by louise2 at 8:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• have you looked into a group called the SCA? it's a historical re-enactment group for the middle ages. It's a great way to meet people, the members are usually more laid back and open.

I don't know your area, but there are groups all over the country. I think SCA.org is the main site address.
    I'd give it try, you've got nothing to loose.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:02 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't think people are not friends with you because they judge you, it's probably just as hard for others to reach out as it is for you. Do your kid(s) have friends whose moms you could hang out with while the kids play? Invite someone over for dinner. Go to church. That's a great way to meet women friends, get involved in volunteering. Good luck sweetie!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:44 AM on May. 27, 2011

• You are a person who expects to much of people and are desperate and unrealistic. The way to make a friend is to be a friend. You talk about what other people can do for you rather than what you have to offer people. Sure, you're a nice person but why should someone want to be your friend when right away, you are thinking about what you want from them? You know yourself that you come across as not taking good care of yourself and that isn't attractive. It doesn't draw people to you. Your outside doesn't give a good first impression, therefore, you have to show people what's in it for them to be your friend before they will show any interest. That may take a good bit of time.. Be a giving person without thinking about what you are getting back. You won't seem desperate and anything you get in return will be a pleasant suprise. Find a place of worship and you will find some good people.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:24 AM on May. 27, 2011

• READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE JUDGING ME happi-ladi what you have posted is NOT true at all I am not unrealistic at all and I don't need to be beaten up by you and your snotty remarks. I am a friend to everyone and treat others with respect I am not thinking anything about right away what I want from anyone except friendship and where in my post did I say anything about anyone doing anything for me???  I do take care of myself and can't hel;p that I came from a poor family and we couldn't afford proper dental care and I already go to church but thank you for the sermon anyhow..Who died and made you God??

Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on May. 27, 2011

• You don't take constructive criticism well either
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:42 AM on May. 27, 2011