Do your kids wash their hands after using the bathroom?

I was over at a friends house last week and her dd came out of the bathroom and went back to what she had been doing ( playing with playdoh). I went to use the bathroom and as I went to wash my hands I realised that both the soap and sink were dry aka had not been used..... I asked my friend if her kids were taught to wash their hands after going to the bathroom ( they are 5 and 6 ) and she said it WASN'T IMPORTANT!!! Ummmmm.....Well, we are NEVER going to play with your kids again!!! There is now POOP in the playdoh!!!!

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 8:31 AM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• My daughter is only 4 months... But I will def be teaching her to do so. I am a big anti-germ freak lol
    I am constantly washing my hands.. and I have my husband doing the same now.. lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:36 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes it is something I have taught them when they were little.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:40 AM on May. 27, 2011

• OP: eeewwwwww!

Yes, I have taught my kids to wash their hands and I've explained why (so they and others don't get sick). I hope that they do even when I'm not there to see them.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:46 AM on May. 27, 2011

• My kids wash their hands after using the restroom, as soon as they come home from school,before dinner,after dinner,after coming in from playing outside....they never argue about it they just do it and i have taught them from early that they have to keep there hands clean. I hate germs and im always washing or sanitizing my hands. I have a container of antinbacterial wipes in my car, sanitizer in my purse. One of my friends does not wash her hands ever...she has been at my house so many times and goes in to use the bathroom and doesnt wash her hands and then touches on my things...eats food, she also changes her babys poopy diaper and DOESNT wash !!!!! Talk about gross...and when her kids are here and have to use the bathroom and they walk out after going i tell them to go back in and wash with soap and water....yeah there nasty lol.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:04 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, it was just part of the routine when I potty trained them - you go potty, then you wash your hands. At 9, 11, and 13 it's pretty much just automatic for them.

Answer by missanc at 9:37 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, both of my kids do. It was something they learned with potty training - you go to the bathroom, you wash your hands.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:52 AM on May. 27, 2011

• "poop in the play doh" lol I always try and make sure they do that way if i don't get a chance to check at least i know they do it most of the time. My kids are pretty good with it and school helps by drilling it into their heads a little more too!
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 10:21 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I doubt it. They were taught but they don't care. I'm not going to chase 4 kids around the house all day to make sure they wash their hands. I remind them before we eat.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:03 PM on May. 27, 2011